Anyone Moved Over Alone??

Guest Kevin Quinn

Guest Kevin Quinn

Hi Everyone,

Our process of getting there isn't straight forward due to us both on our second marriage and Roisin’s ex fighting to keep their daughter with him. Emotional and understandable circumstances all round.

However - one of our options is that if we don’t get the order to take Hannah that I proceed alone and basically have a long distance marriage until we can get Hannah across.

Anyone heard of any similar situations where one partner went on ahead and ended up spending a few years over there before the rest of the family could join them full time??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Suziep

I am so sorry to read that you may contemplate being apart from Ro and the kids until a solution is found for Hannah. Awful circumstances for you all, especially Hannah who is very much stuck in the middle and fingers crossed that you are able to work out a solution very soon. It is at times like this that you all need to be together and our heart goes out to you all in these very similar circumstances. Keep your chin up....x

Guest Nick11

That's a tough one.

I would say that if you're coming on a work sponsered visa - yes do it. If you're coming on any other visa - I would wait.

Not trying to be the prophet of doom and gloom but cases like this can drag on for years. And what if the worse case scenario happens and the ex wins.

I feel for you guys. Emmigrating is stressful enough - but throw in a custody battle into the equation as well! Very tough

Good luck and hope it all turns out fine for you

Nick

x

Guest surhythms

I know how you feel on this one - I am in a similar situation myself in that I have to get my daughters fathers approval before we leave the country!! Roll on October - looks like we have to go to court to get it approved even though the Australian government only require a form to be completed. Its not an easy one. As regards going it alone - my only fear would be what if he never approves Hannah to go? How old is she? I have been advised by my solicitor ( I live in Ireland) and I dont know where you are located, but if the child is 13 or over that they get to be part of the decision making in that the child will be asked what is their preference and do they want to go. My Sarah is only 11 so hopefully she wont be dragged to court!

Hi Everyone,

Our process of getting there isn't straight forward due to us both on our second marriage and Roisin’s ex fighting to keep their daughter with him. Emotional and understandable circumstances all round.

However - one of our options is that if we don’t get the order to take Hannah that I proceed alone and basically have a long distance marriage until we can get Hannah across.

Anyone heard of any similar situations where one partner went on ahead and ended up spending a few years over there before the rest of the family could join them full time??

hey kev

as you know we are in the same situation as yourself and Roisin ....we are due in court on the 28th this month.....im hoping that the court wil go in our favour but as you know anything can happen and lets just hope the judge is in a good mood when we get there........have you a court date yet?:skeptical::skeptical:

We had to get court order to take my kids out of the country and it did go in our favour but what a lot of stress involved to get one little piece of paper!!have you got a job to go to when you arrive? Any questions please get in touch and we will try to help as been through this ourselves in the last couple of months. Good luck

Rachel(36) Rich(40) Sam(12)Hannah(11) Harry& Lucy(9)

• 2 weeks later...

we were told that we all had to be named on the visa, people cannot be added on at a later date. this was for permanent residency visa, i don't know if they are all the same and we couldn't apply for the visa until we had the court order. don't know if this helps. How would your wife and kids get their visa?

hey kev

as you know we are in the same situation as yourself and Roisin ....we are due in court on the 28th this month.....im hoping that the court wil go in our favour but as you know anything can happen and lets just hope the judge is in a good mood when we get there........have you a court date yet?:skeptical::skeptical:

hello Michelle,

how did you get on yesterday? hope it all went well, got fingers crossed for you,

Rach xxx