Where do I start??

Guest Rubytuesday

Guest Rubytuesday

Agents going bump!! Scary stuff....they all seem to give you diffrent advise all for a fee of course.

I would like to start the process myself but don't know what to do?? My husbands skill is on vetasses but apart from that...I have no idea where to start

I know its a big ask... but please can anyone help?

I know its going to be long winded and stressfull but after the dissapointment at the begining of the year, of a job offer, with sponsorship falling through......We are:notworthy: DETERMINED to make the move

Thank you in advance...

Agents going bump!! Scary stuff....they all seem to give you diffrent advise all for a fee of course.

I would like to start the process myself but don't know what to do?? My husbands skill is on vetasses but apart from that...I have no idea where to start

I know its a big ask... but please can anyone help?

I know its going to be long winded and stressfull but after the dissapointment at the begining of the year, of a job offer, with sponsorship falling through......We are:notworthy: DETERMINED to make the move

Thank you in advance...

Hello, We have submitted the vetassess paperwork (electrician) and are just waiting for the reply. Decided to go it alone and after a lot of advice and a lot of research it doesnt seem to complicated. Hopefully going for a 176 state spondored. If you decide to go it alone and want some help let me know.

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi, we used an agent to do ours so can't offer first hand experiences but if you take a look at the vettasses web site and see if you can find out what you have to do to get qualifications recognised in Oz. http://www.vetassess.com.au/. What trade he in? Then decide what visa you will best qualify for and take a look at the http://www.immi.gov.au/ and http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/home.jsp

I may have got this all in the wrong order, but take a look at websites and should hopefully point you in the right direction. There are plenty of people on here who have "gone it alone" so sure you will get plenty of advice.

Whereabouts in Worcestershire do you live? We not to far away, we live near Wolverhampton.

All the best in your future plans.

Guest Rubytuesday

Hi thanks for reply.

We live just outside of Kidderminster nr, hartlebury, so not far from you.

I'm so confused, Matt my hubbie's skill is on Vetasses, he is a Project Manager in Construction, but then i go to the other website, the migration.sa, website and his skill is not on their requirement list, arggh!

How is your agent? are you finding them usefull? and worth the money?

Might have to bite the bullet......and pay the extra for an agent

have you sold your house? ours has been on the maarket a year! but if, or rather when we get the visa i'm tempted to rent. whats your plans?

Clare

Guest mOZzy

back when we did our visa (2.5yrs ago) agents gave free first consultations - to figure out which way to take and if you are able to get through at all. obviously they will keep it a bit vague - they do want your business after all!

some agents do it in stages. like go matilda did the (then) TRA first and then we had to sign (and pay) again for the visa itself (which in hindsight we could have done ourselves) - but as some other posters said: have a good read, ask lots of questions and i know people will help!

Guest The Dimmocks

We using Thinking Australia and have found them worth the money, didn't want to miss anything out or deadlines. They also charge in 3 stages. I would try and get in touch with an agent and do a free assessment to see if you are able to go the way you want. If your hubby got any other qualifications being in construction he may be able to try using one of them. It all confusing stuff so best to talk to someone who knows what they on about. We not sold our house yet, hopefully putting it up next couple of weeks, hope to sell sooner rather than later. Got lots of jobs to do first. Also want to wait and get visa.

My hubby works for Sealine International in Kidderminster.

Hope you get your answers on here, and keep us informed of your progress.

Michelle

A good agent will clearly explain your options at the outset (perhaps inevitably, with a caveat or two, because until paperwork has been reviewed there are some assumptions to be made), advise you as to your costs if you decide to engage the firm, and be in a position to provide you with comfort as to their past successes without being overly pushy about securing your business.

You should then be guided step by step from start to finish, so that the process is as painless as possible - you shouldn't expect to see the whole process or strategy at the outset without doing a fair amount of research.

In hindsight you might say the visa application process was straightforward, but we are all experts looking back - one can forget what one didn't know at the start of the application.

Good luck, whatever way you decide to go - either with or without an agent's assistance.