Apologies if this has been asked before, but...... I was just wondering if anyone could suggest the best way of deciding on an area when you've got kids that you need to get into school in tow? I have read many posts on here that suggest that it is best to arrive and get a feel for the areas and since we do not have the spare cash to do a reccie that seems to make sense! However do we need to make contact with schools before we arrive or can we do that when we've found an area?
We are arriving in Jan 2010 and I know that when we arrive the schools will be shut, so I'm hoping that'll give us a couple of weeks to look around the areas first, but just wanted to know if anyone who's already done this has a better idea?