Areas and Schools

Bealesfamily

Apologies if this has been asked before, but...... I was just wondering if anyone could suggest the best way of deciding on an area when you've got kids that you need to get into school in tow? I have read many posts on here that suggest that it is best to arrive and get a feel for the areas and since we do not have the spare cash to do a reccie that seems to make sense! However do we need to make contact with schools before we arrive or can we do that when we've found an area?

We are arriving in Jan 2010 and I know that when we arrive the schools will be shut, so I'm hoping that'll give us a couple of weeks to look around the areas first, but just wanted to know if anyone who's already done this has a better idea?

If I was you I would still carry on with the line of thought find an area you like first, your children are quite young and don't forget your children have had a years extra education than most here, they can practice there reading spelling and maths at home a little with you to keep in while you look around once you've settled in an area and your children into a school your unlikely to want to uproot them again to move else where.

What sort of area are you guys thinking of and what sort of things are important to you as a family people someone on here could probably tell you what they think of schools in area's that appeal to you.

Goodluck with your research

Julie

apologies if this has been asked before, but...... I was just wondering if anyone could suggest the best way of deciding on an area when you've got kids that you need to get into school in tow? I have read many posts on here that suggest that it is best to arrive and get a feel for the areas and since we do not have the spare cash to do a reccie that seems to make sense! However do we need to make contact with schools before we arrive or can we do that when we've found an area?

We are arriving in jan 2010 and i know that when we arrive the schools will be shut, so i'm hoping that'll give us a couple of weeks to look around the areas first, but just wanted to know if anyone who's already done this has a better idea?

hi bet you head is going round yes its a game of juggling but once you get a feel for a place you want to live it al falls into place ,i think its like in the uk if your in the schools catchment area they have to find ,places for the children .have you any ideas where you want to settle,

we live in hallett cove and our kids go to r .12 so no swopping schools

nice place to live ,transport ,and by the sea good luck

Hi

Thanks for the reply, Hallet Cove is somewhere we were considering alongside Port Noarlunga / Aldinga although without seeing any of it other than on the Internet, its kind of hard to decide!! Hoping we'll arrive and just fall in love with somewhere and that it will fit in with work etc too!!

Hi

Thanks for the reply, Hallet Cove is somewhere we were considering alongside Port Noarlunga / Aldinga although without seeing any of it other than on the Internet, its kind of hard to decide!! Hoping we'll arrive and just fall in love with somewhere and that it will fit in with work etc too!!

It is difficult when you don't know the areas but you will get to know them quickly once you arrive and have driven around. We settled South and love it. The beaches are not too far and good shopping . Pretty central for everything. It does depend on your jobs and how far you are prepared to travel.

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Yes, it's a difficult one. Before we came we did the google earth thing and all that and decided we liked the south Hallett Cove area etc. However, when we arrived he we discovered that we actually preferred the hills and that is where we have settled. I know it's not what you want to hear right now, but it really is almost impossible to decide until you arrive. Be patient, you WILL find the place that ticks all your boxes. There are so many beautiful areas to choose from.

Mandy