Police Checks

Guest Tina

Hi All

a couple of queries on the police checks if anyones knows please. sorry if they appear a bit stupid but i dont want them to be returned or lost because i havent done something properly so thought i would clarify a few things.

• can you put both application forms in the same envelope?
  • can you have a cheque/postal order made out for £20 or 2 £10's?
  • do they come back to your address or are they sent off to Australia?
  • if back at your address, where do you put your file ref number? anywhere?
  • if they go to Oz, where do they go to? is it sydney?Adelaide etc.
  • a few timelines would be good too, on average the time it has taken, i know they can take up to 40 days but are they taking that.

Too excited to think, havent got a CO yet but acknowledged 22-06-07 so hopefully not that long and agent has told us to go for PCC & Medicals.

Many thanks

Tina & Mark

It seems a long time ago that we applied for our Police checks but it was only last November, but as far as I remember both applications went off in the one envelope with 1 cheque, They are returned to your home address. You should have been allocated a case number with your acknowledgement, which will stay with you as long as the application continues, and which you then use on any correspondence, i.e. a covering letter.

They will go to the office dealing with your application, and be put on file until the case officer is appointed.

One word of warning, you will only have 1 year from the date of the police check to setting foot into Aus, so it may be wiser to wait a bit before applying as looking at the mail on this site it may take some time.

It may also be worth looking at the site called Aussie Timeline, which details many peoples applications and time spans involved.

Hope this helps

Guest JPT07

Hi Tina, We went to our local police station and handed the police checks in and paid cash over the counter. They arrived back to us on the 40th day and we then sent them off to our agent who is dealing with our application. It has all now been received in Sydney (29th May) and the wait is killing us. Hope this is of some help. Good Luck. Lorna.

:D

Guest dglamoore

Hi Tina

we were the same as Hayshake - both in one envelope, one cheque and got them back withing 2 weeks but can take up to 40 days.

Send the PC's to your agent - they will know where to send them on and your case number etc:D

Lisa:cool: