Citizenship Test

Guest Jo&Phil

Guest Jo&Phil

I just took the citizenship test ...... I've been here 6 years so I thought I probably should get on with it.

You don't need to make an appointment in Adelaide but must arrive before 2.30pm (Immigration dept at 55 Currie St) which is handy. There was a short wait (10 minutes) to be processed and you have 45 minutes for the test and can attempt it twice in any one day.

I think that those of us from a democratic, western and English speaking background are at a distinct advantage as the concepts and questions a) make sense and are often b) obvious to us.

I passed (phew!), 19/20 (boasting a bit, sorry) and took about 5 minutes but I really recommend reading the downloadable booklet first!

Good luck to anyone else attempting the test

Jo

PS: I tested by Australian OH and he got lots wrong!

i just took the citizenship test ...... I've been here 6 years so i thought i probably should get on with it.

You don't need to make an appointment in adelaide but must arrive before 2.30pm (immigration dept at 55 currie st) which is handy. There was a short wait (10 minutes) to be processed and you have 45 minutes for the test and can attempt it twice in any one day.

I think that those of us from a democratic, western and english speaking background are at a distinct advantage as the concepts and questions a) make sense and are often b) obvious to us.

I passed (phew!), 19/20 (boasting a bit, sorry) and took about 5 minutes but i really recommend reading the downloadable booklet first!

Good luck to anyone else attempting the test

jo

ps: I tested by australian oh and he got lots wrong!

well done do you need to do anything else to become a citizen to get that important rubber stamp

Guest Fancy a Beer
Glad you passed but could you not of posted a copy of the questions for us all for when our time comes :biglaugh:

They are different every time, I had 2 or 3 I had no idea the answer even having read the book, Something about who is the Father of Freedom, still no idea, and who was on the $20 note again spend them so often but had no idea, and who wrote Waltzing Matilda, again had no idea! So I got 17 outta 20 OH got 20 outta 20 but I knew the answers to all his questions as they were all from the book, mine didnt seem to be, bit unfair!! But both passed thats all that mattered! :confused: