Meet and Greet

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Hi all

I have emailed SA Immigration twice via their Meet and Greet details on the website, however, as yet they still haven't come back to me. We go in 6 weeks :)

Any help greatly received

Thanks, Lisa

Guest gypsy

Hi Lisa

Hope you used the e-mail id oas.sa@state.sa.gov.au

Check you junk e-mail folder. For me, the reply from OAS ended up in Junk folder.

If you are interested, PM your e-mail and I would send the attachments which I got from OAS

Thanks

Govind

(Hope you remember us, you helped us by sharing the agents contact)

Guest caoimhe

Hi Lisa

Depending on what date you're arriving if you don't get meet and greet sorted let me know, if its a day I can get rid of my kids:jiggy:I have an 8 seater van and would be glad to help. I work part time but maybe could help out. We were lucky having family members to help us so can only imagine what it may be like.

If stuck please let me know:wubclub:

Hi Lisa

You should have received an email back from them with your unique reference number on it together with the OAA and meet and greet forms attached.

You then just fill them in, scan them and email them back.

You should then receive an email back acknowledging receipt with a contact name on it.

If you have checked your spam folder and it is not there then I would either email them on the address that Govind has kindly supplied or call them directly on: +61 (8) 8204 9250

Good luck.

BTW we are due out there on the 20th August and so you are not far behind us.

Guest Lisado

I didn't have that email so will try that

Caoimhe - I may be taking you up on that offer

I'll see what response I get from the email I send

Just wanted to say - even though there can be some hoo hars on PIA - help like this restores my faith in human nature :)

Lisa

I didn't have that email so will try that

Caoimhe - I may be taking you up on that offer

I'll see what response I get from the email I send

Just wanted to say - even though there can be some hoo hars on PIA - help like this restores my faith in human nature :)

Lisa

Completly agree it is a wonderful place and I hope I can help out in time too. Everyone is great and it will be nice meet some of you.

• 1 year later...

hello gypsy & The Flinns

I m new in this forum. One frd of mine gave me the add of OAS. now i checked the website but found that the service is no longer avavailable by SA govt. i got PR of australia & planning to move SA by March'2011. but i dont have any frds & family memebr in australia. So dont know wht to do. from ur post it seems like u r well familiar of the service of the OAS. If the service is not available then wht can a migrant do for accommodation while he/she is coming 1st time? looking for ur vauable suggestion pls

Hi Lisa

Hope you used the e-mail id oas.sa@state.sa.gov.au

Check you junk e-mail folder. For me, the reply from OAS ended up in Junk folder.

If you are interested, PM your e-mail and I would send the attachments which I got from OAS

Thanks

Govind

(Hope you remember us, you helped us by sharing the agents contact)

Guest kangomik
hello gypsy & The Flinns

I m new in this forum. One frd of mine gave me the add of OAS. now i checked the website but found that the service is no longer avavailable by SA govt. i got PR of australia & planning to move SA by March'2011. but i dont have any frds & family memebr in australia. So dont know wht to do. from ur post it seems like u r well familiar of the service of the OAS. If the service is not available then wht can a migrant do for accommodation while he/she is coming 1st time? looking for ur vauable suggestion pls

You will need to book accomadation, either one of the camping parks, a hotel or book short term accomadation untill you find a rental.

hello gypsy & The Flinns

Wow has it really been 16 months since we landed? That old post really brought it all back to me about the fears and excitement that was going through all of our minds at the time. We needn't have worried because it has been a fantastic first 16 months and we couldn't be more happier.

Unfortunately I do believe that the OAA is no longer available, which is a shame as it gave us such a great start. As Kangomik as suggested, you will have to find your own accommodation, as most others do anyway. We only found out that we had OAA a couple of weeks before we were due to land and so had made contingency plans to take up temporary accommodation also. I would suggest that you Google "temporary accommodation in Adelaide" and that should give you some good websites. I would also have a look at a great website called Adelaide Bound - making migrating to Adelaide, South Australia easier. Info for those wishing to emigrate to South Australia which has a great section, with links, to temporary accommodation.

Good luck and I hope that you too find Australia to be everything and more that you could dream of.