Just surfed in..

Guest The Guvnor

Guest The Guvnor

hi all, just tripped over this site today so had to register! Papers are in for 143 as I'm now too old for anything else (so this is going to cost me BIG style!) Likely to be around 18 months I've heard until the process is likely to be completed. No agent - seems pretty straight forward or am I heading for a fall? My daughter lives in Hackam and works at Hardy's in Reynella. Need to go and live there now as its costing me a fortune to visit every year! Be back soon...;)

Hello Guvnor

Welcome to the site everyone is really helpful. We are looking at 18 months too and its killin me. Least you can visit in the meantime and the accomodation will be free!

Guest Django

Hi Guv,

Welcome to PIA. We aren't using an agent either. So long as you over do the info you should be fine. You'll find this place a real mine of info and loads of great people ready to help out.

Pete

Guest dglamoore

Hiya welcome to PIA :)

Hardy's - what a place to work :P

We went visiting friends in Onkaparinga Hills yesterday which is very close to Hackam so know it well ;)

Lisa:cool:

Guest Guest75
Hiya welcome to PIA :)

Hardy's - what a place to work :P

We went visiting friends in Onkaparinga Hills yesterday which is very close to Hackam so know it well ;)

Lisa:cool:

Hiya Guvnor and welcome to PIA.

I see you are a fellow Yorkshire man,we are originally from Leeds.

It suprised me to find the main base of Hardy's in a suburb rather than surrounded by 1000's of acres of vines.

I don't think you are heading for a fall......it's all in the attitude.

Guest Guest75
It suprised me to find the main base of Hardy's in a suburb rather than surrounded by 1000's of acres of vines.

It used to be!;)

True!!!!

In 7 years here we have seen a lot of building filling up the spaces.

Guest The Guvnor

hi guys, good to hear from you. From the land of the Pink Panther I see! Any ideas what you'll do for work and where you'll live when you get to Adelaide? you never know, we could be neighbours!

:cool:hi Django, can't remember the number of times we checked the forms for accuracy. Even got a friend to give it the once over just in case. All seem very nice people on here and I'm looking forward to keeping in touch. Good to know your not alone eh?

Hi MOZzy, thanks for the note. Are you on your way soon then? not sure how the TRA thing works as I'm not applying for that type of visa (Contributory Parent Visa or the $65,000 visa as it's sometimes known!). Hope your far enough away from the floods down your way. Won't have too many worries about that where your heading though eh?

Hi Lisa, yeah Hardy's seem a decent bunch. My daughter Kelly works in Marketing there but the real plus is the staff discount at the cellar door! Dad will be encouraging her to remain there until at least I have enough in my own cellar to last a while!

Thnaks Tyke, I appreciate your comments. Actually I'm a commer inner to Huddersfield. Been here some 20 years but am a Taff really! Are there any rugby sides in Adelaide? I know about the Crows and Adelaide United but reckon that the oval game is played further east? How long you been out there Tyke? If only I had known about this site earlier. Spent a month over Feb/March for my daughters wedding. Not sure whether we'll make another visit or not. Depends on visa app I guess.

Hi Guvner,

Just to let you know that we have recently had our Visa issued a type 173 Temporary Parent Visa, which took just over a year from start to finish, and are now waiting to sell the house before moving over.

I understand that the 143 visa gets a case officer a bit quicker than a 173 visa applicant, so maybe you wont have too long to wait, it also helps if you are over 65 as that also speeds the process up a bit.

Best of luck with your deliberations.

Guest Guest75

Thnaks Tyke, I appreciate your comments. Actually I'm a commer inner to Huddersfield. Been here some 20 years but am a Taff really! Are there any rugby sides in Adelaide? I know about the Crows and Adelaide United but reckon that the oval game is played further east? How long you been out there Tyke? If only I had known about this site earlier. Spent a month over Feb/March for my daughters wedding. Not sure whether we'll make another visit or not. Depends on visa app I guess.

There is a rugby club in Morphett Vale and States Road.Seems to be very active.

:)

Guest Guest75
Welcome on board Guvner.

I'm trying to get my parents out on that visa! Should be fun! Do you happen to know the time scale involved?

Judi x

Good luck on the visa for your parents Judi.

Are they not coming out for a visit in September / October??

Sorry we did not have a booking available for them.

:D

Guest The Guvnor

Hi Judy, been unofficially told that its taking around 10 months to assign a case officer and 3-6 months after that to issue the visa depending on medicals, etc. so expecting maybe Christmas 2008. Will let you know on here how its going.

Chris