Agent or go it alone

Guest Jane & Tony

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi All

Got another question. My Hubby has both Parents and a Sister in Adelaide and is a carpenter/joiner. We have had a full check evaluation from an agent and they tell us that we have 125 points. Is it best o carry on with said agent or does anyone think that it is best to 'do it' ourselves?????

Hi Jane and Tony,

We are using an agent but purely because I was worried I ight miss something out on the form or make a silly mistake. I had 2 kids 2 jobs and a husband who doesnt do admin.

Looking back the TRA is the most confusing and time consuming stage but the visa application did look quite easy. The agent we used all we had to do was basically get TRA stuff signed and sign the form ourselves. The visa we just checked and signed. So it was made really easy with the agent. Itjust depends on your budget and how good you are with forms.

Good luck with your decision.

Kimberley x

Guest soggy
Hi All

Got another question. My Hubby has both Parents and a Sister in Adelaide and is a carpenter/joiner. We have had a full check evaluation from an agent and they tell us that we have 125 points. Is it best o carry on with said agent or does anyone think that it is best to 'do it' ourselves?????

Hi we are doing it ourselves, have been succesful on TRA and sponsorship and hopefully we will be on visa app, it does take up a lot of time and quite a bit of effort getting everyting ready for the TRA with or without agent, if you are methodical and disciplined

( my wife supplied my discipline) you can do it on your own just make sure you double check everything, then check again, and make plenty of use of this forum, you will spend a lot of time on the internet. An agent im sure saves some time and effort and gives you peace of mind I guess it is down to the individual if its worth the money.

good luck however you proceed

Simon

Guest dglamoore

Only you know how confident you feel to go alone :)

We went with an agent - I did not fancy doing TRA myself and it was nice to have someone double check any paperwork to make sure we got it right and had no delays - also we ended up getting shunted from case officer to case officer and ended up with 3 which the agent got on top of and sorted where I would have had no clue what to have done about that :eek:

There is always someone on here to help out with questions if you go solo ;)

Lisa:cool:

Guest Django

We are going alone. I must say though its more straight forward in job like nursing than if you were going out with a trade. If you are good at forms then go it alone. It does seem a lot of money for what they do.:confused:

Pete

Guest dotty

Hi,

I used an agent to make sure everything was done properly. only they filed my application under the wrong catagory and after having police checks/medicals done in Jan, I have now had to apply for the correct visa and have just discovered there is a 10 month processing time..........

I had planned to move in April, and again in August but am still no closer to going and have been waiting 2 years.

soooooo fed up:mad:

so check for recommendations before you trust them with your money and your future!!!

Dotty

Guest The Guvnor

my son-in-law used an agent as he was out of the country a lot with work. Took him 4 YEARS in total until he switched agents and sorted it out in 6 months. We've gone it alone but I don't have the TRA to worry about (different visa) so I guess that if you don't feel confident, seek advice though that advice comes at quite a price it seems!

Guest graandjac

;)Hi Guys we have used an agent....four corners... who have been the best we paid a little more than everyone alse seems to have , but i think if money is not an issue then why not use one ?, find out some recommendations from here and pick one,

After using an agent iam still glad we did, but is is down to each individual.

Cheers Graham

We used an agent - Thinking Australia - who were fab especially as we had to put in our application within a certain time limit.

We also had loads of help from a guy on the yellow site :eek: if it weren't for the time constraints we would have been fine on our own but it was nice to have the peace of mind of someone else knowing what was required and checking the paperwork.

Lea

Guest Jane & Tony

Just want to say thanks for all of your replies. We have managed to complete the TRA assesment ourselves (meaning me!) Waiting for that to come back so fingers crossed. It sounds like the visa application is quite easy once you have the TRA sorted. Might have a go myself and see what it's like. We have enough points with the hubbys parents out there so wish us luck everyone.

Cheers

Jane

We used an agent too (Ian Harrop), but our Visas were a bit more complicated with both our children needing court orders and medical issues with me too.

Also I am not good at forms, stat decs, etc and the agent helped lots and my visa was approved 9 days after it was submitted.

Money well spent, we have been here 7 months and loving it.

Good Luck and see you out here soon

Sandra

Guest motlyman

Hi,

We used Ian Harrop & Associates as our case was complicated also because he worked in the OZ migration department before setting up on his own so he knows what things they want to see.

Worth every penny in my opinion seeing all the potential problems.

We have been here 6 months now.

Colin

Guest the_harpers

Hi,

We used Ian Harrop & Assoc. aswell, they were brilliant and really helped us out as my partner and I are not the best form fillers in the world. I'm really glad we used them as it took the pressure off a bit.

It took just under a year for our visa to come through.

we're off on 14th Sept.

Good luck x

Danielle

Guest jetskitony

Hi,

we are doing it ourselves,we did worry about the TRA but we have just passed that,everyone says that is the worst bit so hopefully the visa will be alright.If we need to know anything we will just ask on the forum like we did with the tra.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum

As this seems to be an appreciation society for Ian Harrop I would mention that he is one of my neighbours and works out of the Burford office.

He and his wife are extremely pleasant people.

We did not use him as an agent as we went it alone, and now have our Visa.

I thought our parent temporary contributory visa was a bit complicated in application, but the more I read about the problems most people are having with other types, maybe ours was a breeze.

Its looks like agents don't always get it right, just look at the post by Rockpool Crab!

However we used Concept Australia in Manchester. They were ok but we felt we had to do alot of the leg work ourselves. I guess its just comforting to run your form past someone in the know before you send it off and if that costs money then so be it.

J x