Online Visa Checking

Boxertony

I have been checking online nearly everyday to see if our visa has been approved. Please can Antony provide me my query.

We have completed everything that needs to be met to gain our visa. The final thing we had to have done was blood tests, which was conducted on the 19th June 09 and these came up negative, so everything is fine with that. When we look online it states that every criteria has been met apart from blood tests, which I am assuming the medical board has just not got round to ours yet.

My query is, on the online checking system, it states that all the criteria has been met. Does this mean that when our blood tests have been met. We have gained our visa or does the Case Officer then makes his decision once all the criteria has now been met.

I would be really careful with the on-line checking stuff as ours said we had the visa but on the documents check page it still said required against most stuff like birth certificates etc. We spoke to our agent and he said we may still not get it but less then 24 hours later we had our Visa!

I think sometimes stuff gets updated or not and this confusses the situation. I had a whole day not knowing if we had it or not - what a rollercoaster that was.

I would only use it as a guide and wait for formal notification but it does sound positive I am sure you will hear anyday now.

Best of luck

Guest BAZnDAF

The status screen isn't always correct and up-to-date. Just check the page that tells you if you have the visa or not, ours also still stated that the medicals were outstanding after we had the visa.

Barry

Guest emmaandlee

Until our Visa was granted I checked every morning. I was even concerned that they had not received our police checks but our agent confirmed that they had been received. It took about 6 weeks from sending the police checks to finally getting the go-ahead....

The waiting game is really not fun!

Guest Woody and Jane

We also checked online every morning waiting desperately for the good news about our visa. As it turns out they email you the good news so there's actually no need to check the DIAC site. Had we known this we probably wouldn't have pinned all our hopes on checking the site every day but the potential excitement of having our visa granted that day kept us going. Don't give up, it will happen, it just can't happen quick enough.