Money Transfer

Guest MarkIngram

Guest MarkIngram

Hi there

right...we've finally got around to sorting this out (I know, it is probably leaving it a little later than we should have done - leaving UK on 27th Oct).

does anyone know of anyone who is REALLY good at this...we've got details for Money Corp and HiFix.....don't know if these are any good and which of the two offer the better service etc.

any help would be great.

Mark

Guest kangomik

Don't which is better but we used HiFX, super easy. Make sure you inform the bank in the UK BEFORE leaving and sign the correct paperwork telling them that you will be off shore when you want to transfer over £10K

Guest ben&sharon

We used HiFX, mainly because we've had a whole load of family emigrate before us, and that was who they used, with no problems. Everything seems to be fine so far.

A personal comment about Moneycorp; they rang my phone asking for SEAN and not Sharon. The way I figured it; if they couldn't get my name (or sex!) right, then there was no way I was going to trust them with my life-savings......:err::err:

Guest motlyman

We used hifx. They also helped us open a bank account with Westpac while we were in the uk.

Have used them a couple of times since too.

Colin

Guest soggy

Hi,

we have used HIFX twice now, each time somthing has gone wrong on our end and our money took longer to get to their account than agreed but they were fine about it. I would always look at HIFX first.

Simon

Guest MarkIngram

thanks to everyone..great info. and much food for thought...we were looking at opening a bank account with Westpac but saw that you needed to verify the account within 90days which seemed to be a bit tight....doesn't appear to be same restrictions with NAB...or have we missed something?

Guest Suziep

We also opened an account with Westpac but could not verify the account for 6 months. They were absolutely fine with this and have left it open until we reach Adelaide. The only thing is that we cannot draw any funds from the account until it has been verified although we can deposit.