certificate recognition

Guest max

i was wondering if anyone has had difficulty getting work because their qualifications are not recognised in oz , also it seems strange that you need the tra to pass your qualifications to get a visa but the same qualifications are not recognised when you get there!

i have sent 2 e mails to the tra to see about getting aussie equivalent certificates and costs, i didn`t get a reply either time.

any thoughts?

max nikki jamie abigail

Hi,

My husband had problems with this when we were going through the visa process. He is a Chartered Engineer and had to become recognised in Oz. It took months and it was really frustrating. Ian kept on emailing and phoning and eventually he got the certificate he needed.

Yet another hurdle to overcome.....they don't make it easy for you thats for sure.

Judi x

hi mozzy

it will be as a fitter,my certs are 4 x c & guilds in engineering and 2 x welding also nvq 2 in pnumatics,electrical.i have been working as a maintenance fitter last 8years.

thanks for your reply!

max

Guest mOZzy

oops didn't see the electrical bit!

have you done your tra yet???? that ones just a case or prove prove and prove again!

i don't think you have to verify the fitter again it's the electrical bit you have to apply for again! just like ashley

i know it's quite annoying that you have to prove yourself yet again

but that's how they want it - i guess it's mainly because the electrical rules vary from state to state and they all want to make sure you are up to oz regulations!

so as far as i know we have to apply for an ARTC first - THAT actually is the 'proper' aknowledgement. basically we send what we send for the tra we only have to pep it up to fit the 'electrical' side too - since we'll be going to SA which i've been told has the easiest aknowlodgment - with that ARTC i think next is to get h&s course, a crp course and a blue card (?) - THEN you can sit your A LICENCE exam (first a course .. again!) something about 4 weeks of 2 days each at the TAFE or PEER center .. et voila! you are allowed to do unsupervised electrical work. - until then you can do supervised work.

i hope that gives you some more ideas where to look at next.