• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone here from Ireland and looking to go to Oz

Myself and my hubbie are from Dublin. We arrived in June.

We're renting an apartment in Glenelg. I haven't encountered a single other Irish accent, since we arrived. Lots of Brits though, sometimes in Glenelg it seems like theres more poms than ozzies!

18 times
      Hiya well my friend from Dublin came over recently to stay with me for two weeks, and she got a really good insight into Adelaide in that time, we did go out to different places every day though.
      I came for a Reccie for three weeks back in 2006, you will know if Adelaide is for you or not after two weeks. Although living in any place is always different to a holiday. :)

Kevin Quinn
      Quote Originally Posted by Glindy View Post
      we are from Dublin, and have been living in Adelaide nearly a year in October.
      When we got here last October we had On arrival accommodation in Seacliff which was a brilliant start for us, we are now living in a rental in Seacombe Gardens. We have met lots of irish and english people since being here, and have a great network of friends now.
      Feel free to ask any questions.
      Hi Glindy,

We're heading over on a reccie in late October - We're just wondering how you are finding Seacombe Gardens as a place to live?

We know we want to be close to the beach so we'll be looking around all of the coastal areas from Glenelg down.

I'm originally from Belfast and Ro is a Dublin girl....so the chance to settle in a nice area with some Irish or UK friends to be..would be a big plus for us.

Did you meet people via, work or the area or just via PIA?

25 times
      Drop me a PM and I'll give you my contact details etc. I gladly meet you for a pin or two when you're over for your reccie.
      Cheers Bodie.
      Kevin Quinn likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums