Anyone here from Ireland and looking to go to Oz

Guest surhythms

Guest surhythms

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone else here is from Ireland. We have just started our process for migration and were wondering how other Irish people were getting on!

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest caoimhe

Hi Suzanne,

We are originally from Belfast and been here 8 months. I know there is a few of us from the North on the forum and if I remember right a couple from the South.

As anywhere in the world there is a good few Irish over here.

Good luck with the visa process and any questions just ask.

Guest surhythms

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies, just wondering where in Adelaide you are living now Caoimhe? Did you go out there before deciding where to live?

Diana - how difficult did you find it going through the visa process?

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest caoimhe

We are in Craigmore which is North, we decided to stay up here as I have family living near and it really makes a difference for us and the kids. Especially as my cousins are of babysitting age:biglaugh:

I had been on holiday here 4 years ago but my hubby came blind

• 2 weeks later...
Guest surhythms

Yeah we were doing our sums about going over for a visit - 3 of us for a month flights accomodation etc is going to cost us about €12,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:err:

Is it worth it or do we go blind???

In the short term, look as your reccie as an expensive holiday. In the long term look at it as an investment- a try before you buy so to speak. I'm originally from Fermanagh, and have been here just under two years. We live in the Mitcham Hills and chose our area because it is close to my wife's family.

Guest surhythms

Thanks Bodie

I agree with what you are saying - but Im just wondering if we really need a month over there - maybe 2 weeks would do us? I believe that it is important to look before you buy !

Suzanne

Guest Glindy

Hiya,

we are from Dublin, and have been living in Adelaide nearly a year in October.

When we got here last October we had On arrival accommodation in Seacliff which was a brilliant start for us, we are now living in a rental in Seacombe Gardens. We have met lots of irish and english people since being here, and have a great network of friends now.

Feel free to ask any questions.

:)

Guest surhythms

Thanks Glindy - thats great to know - another Dubliner in Adelaide!!

did you visit Adelaide before yuo moved over? Do you think 2 weeks would be enough to go for an initial reccie?

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest Asrais

Myself and my hubbie are from Dublin. We arrived in June.

We're renting an apartment in Glenelg. I haven't encountered a single other Irish accent, since we arrived. Lots of Brits though, sometimes in Glenelg it seems like theres more poms than ozzies!

Guest Glindy

Hiya well my friend from Dublin came over recently to stay with me for two weeks, and she got a really good insight into Adelaide in that time, we did go out to different places every day though.

I came for a Reccie for three weeks back in 2006, you will know if Adelaide is for you or not after two weeks. Although living in any place is always different to a holiday. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kevin Quinn
Hiya,

we are from Dublin, and have been living in Adelaide nearly a year in October.

When we got here last October we had On arrival accommodation in Seacliff which was a brilliant start for us, we are now living in a rental in Seacombe Gardens. We have met lots of irish and english people since being here, and have a great network of friends now.

Feel free to ask any questions.

:)

Hi Glindy,

We're heading over on a reccie in late October - We're just wondering how you are finding Seacombe Gardens as a place to live?

We know we want to be close to the beach so we'll be looking around all of the coastal areas from Glenelg down.

I'm originally from Belfast and Ro is a Dublin girl....so the chance to settle in a nice area with some Irish or UK friends to be..would be a big plus for us.

Did you meet people via, work or the area or just via PIA?