Sir Vs 136modl

Guest Tina

Hi all

can anyone please give me the benefits of temporary versus permanent residency.

we have applied for SIR495 because painter & decorator was not on the MODL list, i have recently found out as of 30-07-07 it is know on the list so we could apply for permanent residency. so we are just looking at the benefits of both to do the comparison before we make the decision.

any advise / help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

Guest soggy

Hi im a painter and decorator applied for sir495 just a few days behind you, PR means lower education fees, purchase of property without permission including for investment, you can move anywhere in Australia if you want, $7000 home buyers grant in SA, entitled to benifits after 2 years as PR, no having to go through application for PR in 2 years time, no work restrictions, you can take any job you can get, just a few differences that spring to mind.

Can anyone tell me how many points you need to apply for 136 visa 120 or 125 and could SA sponsorship points count on this type of visa, things were so simple when I had to go for 495 expect I still will, I will have to think about this:D:(:confused:

Simon

Guest soggy
You would need to get 120 points for permanent visa but as you would not be getting sponsored you would not get the 10 points from this :)

Lisa

Thanks for that, I had 105 befor sponsorship, I think being on MODL gives another 15 to make 120, providing I did it before September when we drop to 15 points for English I could go for PR straight away. Just thouht though, I dont no how to go about changing a visa application once they have it, I dont want to wait the extra time it would take to get a 136 visa and I hope never to have to fill in a visa form again, so mabe I will just sit back and relax.:confused::D

Simon

Hi

Thanks for reply, i think we will just stick it out too.

I spoke to our agent yesterday who has obviously left the decision up to us but they have said it is another visa fee plus another 5 -8 months wait again. We are 3 months in our SIR495 application so we could have that stamp in less than 4 months.

it would be nice if the south australian government just upgraded your visa when reviewing the documents, but i doubt that ever happens.

we are going for our medicals on the 14th so back on that treadmill i must go.

many thanks

Having already got the SIR495 this is a very interesting development. I wonder if this effects us in any way? I might just send our agency a quick email for advise, although they were very certain to cut all ties once the visa had been granted.....worth asking though as our agency charged a fortune IMO !!

Its good news though for future P&D's who wish to apply.

Angela

Guest stufi1997
:confused: oh no what ... when did this happen/? we checked this out just before the app was sent off ! oh b****ks. mind you i don't think our visas has been taken yet so maybe we can cancel the application and start a new one ????:confused:hmmmm? and as for your agent angela .. bit cheeky if they don't give you some answer. Stu.

Guest soggy
Having already got the SIR495 this is a very interesting development. I wonder if this effects us in any way? I might just send our agency a quick email for advise, although they were very certain to cut all ties once the visa had been granted.....worth asking though as our agency charged a fortune IMO !!

Its good news though for future P&D's who wish to apply.

Angela

Hi, I have just been looking at the DIAC website, the 136 visa can be applied for from inside Australia providing " condition 8503 or 8535, or another condition, on your current visa that prevents you from making a further application to remain in Australia." if these conditons are not on the 495 visa there is no reason we could not apply for a 136 soon after we arrive, there would be another visa fee and the big catch is we would have leave Australia to get the decision, they give you a date you have to be out by. It may suit some people or waiting 2 years may well be best for those of us in a hurry to settle in a new life.:D

Having said that I may just give DIAC a phone call tonight, wont do any harm;):)

Simon

Guest carters

we too have now enough points to apply for the permanent visa now and had sent the forms off to the agent. Fortunately I saw a post on another forum on Tuesday night detailing the updated in demand list.

Phew, next morning I phoned the agent who then changed the visa to 136 half an hour before the courier was due.

Also on that forum a few people have already sent there visa off and apparently if the money has not been debited then only one fee applies and the visa can be changed.

We feel that the permanent visa is better for us but obviously its an individual decision.

nikki