Case Officer

Guest rowy

Been chasing up on Immi web site about Case Officer and have been allocated one on 28th July, within a month of lodging Visa! Apparently e mailed on the 28th but I did not receive it so they are recontacting the Case officer to make contact with us (if that makes sense). So anyway, good news for us and one step further. Just meds and police checks now. Have not used an Agent, so been a bit nervous about getting it right to be honest, but looks like we are getting there stage by stage. For sale sign has just been put up in front garden today too, so all a bit spooky I think. Fingers are crossed now and starting to wobble a bit! Penny & Alun

Guest familygood

Not til after the visas were all in the passports!! I couldnt really beleive it until then. We are going with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong who seem to get good reviews and were very cheap!

Yes, I am a bit like that too, it all seems a bit unreal. Wasn't sure what people did about flights, we were looking at them earlier on line, and some are really cheap if you book in advance. You must be so excited, its not long for you now. Have you been out there at all? We went last year in October. My little girl is 4, she was 3 then, but coped really well with it all. Penny

Guest familygood

Hi Yes we spent 6 months in Oz a few years back and a couple of those in South Australia so have a good feel for the place. We loved it too. Hoping the flight isnt too bad for Grace she will be 2 and a half in Jan... Just have to get through it I suppose! Taking a laptop and lots of CBeebies DVD's...

Am envious you have that much experience of being there under your belt. You cant really judge things on a two week reccie. We had a night flight initially and victoria slept a lot of it. She was slightly older and played some of the games on board and a DS. She loves sticker books and Colour Magic, so I had a pink princess trolley dolly full of stuff for her. Does the case officer instruct you by e mail when to go for meds etc? Penny

Guest familygood

Hi

Yes it all comes up on the online tracking system but you also get an email from the Case Officer with timescales for everything on there. I think you used to be able to do pre-emptive meds but you have to wait until asked now which slows things down a bit. I was really worried about our but had nothing to worry about they were really helpful. Just very expensive!!

Its invaluable knowing Australia as well as we do as we really know what to expect. I also worked in Sydney after travelling with my sister for a while so know what its like to do the day to day grind!

You will get out what you put in as in everything in life and our expectations are realistic which should give us a good chance of making it work out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lkaddoumi

Hello Everyone,

we have got our State Nomination Approval and lodged our visa application (VISA 475) last June 19th 2009. DOes nayone have an idea for the timeframe to get or case appointed to a CO?

THanks a million and congrats for those who got your visas! ;) Wait for us