Things to do in Singapore

Riponian

Cant help with the kids ,soz, but we stayed in the crown plaza,you walk straight from the airport terminal into the lobby,nice hotel,think it was about £10 into singy from the hotel in a cab,we are a cpl(no kids)and found boat quay good for a beer,outside eating etc,clarke quay similar but bit more expensive,orchard rd very impressive shopping/buildings,we also went to changi village,just to get an idea/flavour of how the locals live(but its deffo not touristy),then theres the obvious.....raffles hotel,DONT put warm clothes on!we landed approx 6 a.m in singy and it was ROASTO!btw you can probably spend a day in the airport,very impressive!all in all we realy enjoyed singy.good luck anyway

,DONT put warm clothes on!we landed approx 6 a.m in singy and it was ROASTO!btw you can probably spend a day in the airport,very impressive!all in all we realy enjoyed singy.good luck anyway

they say that the zoo is thy best in the world . Good luck we hope to be heading in the same direction in the near future as well .

Thanks to you both for this info been looking at the zoo and it does look really good. Been warned about the heat in Singapore too. it's not just the heat but the humidity!

Guest kellyp

Hi

We travelled with three children and visited Sentosa (could be Santosa can't remember) Island which included a bus trip, the history of Singapore, pink dolphin show and cable car ride. We all enjoyed it.

Kelly

Guest Allie Bloss

hi, we're passing through Singapore on way to Adelaide, 10 hours at hotel, staying at transit hotel. I was thinking of taking about £100 of Singapore dollars, would anyone advise differently, I have my Nationwide card too, which can be used anywhere.

While on the subject of exchanging money up, how much ozzie dollars do you think I will need before I activate my oz bank account. a few hundred pounds worth? any experiences, recomendations, gratefully received? thanks

Guest kangomik

taxi's are real cheap, the night zoo is good, specially the bat cage LOL. Along with stummbling around the tracks in the dark.

Go SLOW, the humidity and jet lag will get to you.

No chewing gum.

Wonderfull place to people watch

The bird zoo is right next door to the normal zoo if i remember rightly.

And i too love that airport.

Just seen the zoo advertised on Oz TV here, it looks bloody amazing....you can have brekkie with the mokeys @ 8am if your up early enough.

There is no cages just moats seperating the animals from joe public, you can even get touchy feely with other animals such as the very long tongued giraffe.....

We did a coach tour of the city, ok it only lasted for 2 hours but what there is to see is beautiful.

i would love to spend some time there and get a proper look around.

Check it out...

HG

Singapore is great if you get chance and you want any electrical games i.e psp ,x box ,ds light etc get a cab to a place called cinamon square make sure you barta with them you will get great bargains.

Parko

I would suggest a city tour just to get your bearings and give you an idea what there is. Orchard Road is a big shopping area and seems to be busy all the time even late at night. If you're there near Christmas the Christmas lights are great.

We visited a shopping complex called Suntec City mall. Absolutly huge with a giant fountain but it wasn't on when we were there. Some friends had told us that they went to the top of one of the towers and we found a booth where they were advertising trips to the roof (don't know if they still do them). It didn't cost much and a guy took us up in the lift, much to our surprise we actually had to go outside (it was raining a bit!) and you stand on the roof (45 storeys) and get this amazing view of the city.

Singapore's a great place but hot and humid all year round apart from December when it cools down a bit.

Guest back clan

Definitely Sentosa Island. U can get thr train round the Island and theres small beaches.There's one next to the Shangri La Hotel.Also if you go into the reception area and have a drink over looking the balcony the view off all the ships in the harbour is beautiful.