Opportunities for Intelligence Officers

Guest MutleyCrew

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi,

I am in the early stages of applying for a state sponsored 475 visa as an intelligence officer (ASCO Code 2299-19). I am interested to hear from anyone who has already been successful in obtaining their visa as an intelligence officer and are now living in South Australia. In particular I am interested in hearing how you have found the job market and employment opportunities in this line of work as I understand that to gain employment with government departments you nearly always need to be a citizen. For those of you who have been successful an idea of potential salaries would be most helpful and hopefully encouraging.

What opportunities exist in other business sectors? How have any perspective employers viewed migrant intelligence officers etc. Any feedback, lesson learnt and obvious good news stories most welcome.

From what I remember many of the jobs in this field were with government departments and required applicants to be citizens or eligible for citizenship. However its always worth contacting people individually and sending in your resume.

Lea

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi,

Umm...How your minds are straying..!!?? :goofy:

Although I may dream of being a James Bond character :cool:, that’s about as far as it goes!! I accept that the title of the post which I am lodging my application under makes it sound something like a spy...but I have to unfortunately disappoint you and bring you all back down to earth.

Yes the job can be very interesting and different on a daily basis, but not quite in the same way as James Bond!! It is a title that can be applied to many differing areas of business including both the private and public sectors. The post that I undertake can be summed up as:

“Manages the collection and processing of data to produce intelligence for public and private sector organisations in their planning, operations and personnel functions.”

Thus, if there are any other individuals that were successful in obtaining a visa using this post, then I would be very interested to hear from you.

We've just arrived in Adelaide on a 475 visa as I'm a certified Intelligence Officer too - really would love it to be as exciting as it sounds! i've spent the last 14 years working in local government in manchester, specifically with public transport, performance indicators and performance management/improvement. This did mean turning lots of meaningles data i reports and hasling lots of people for results - particularly when they were bad!

So far i've done anything on the job front here - we've been doing lots of form filling and exploring all the different suburbs to decide where to live when our 8 weeks tempoary rentals are up.

Will keep you informed of my progress though & would very interested in anyone else's experiences too.

Cat

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi Cat, fantastic to hear from someone else who has applied via the intelligence officer visa. ;) We wish you all the best for your new life down-under and look forward to hearing from you as things progress now that you have landed in SA. It would be great to keep in touch with you, particularly once you start investigating the job market and opportunities. We also have two young boys, so it would be great to hear how you are settling and how you are finding things from a kids perspective.

We'd also love to hear how you are finding things in general; property/rentals, cost of living, buying a car, locations, shopping facilities (what can you get / not get) etc, especially as we are hoping to be following in your footsteps through the same visa route this time next year.

Good luck and enjoy and you must keep in touch, Muts.:v_SPIN: