MORPHETT VALE good or bad??

Guest ffi&dyl

Guest ffi&dyl

Looking for some advice.

We have been looking at houses on relestate.com.au found that we can have more for our money in Morphett Vale. Can anyone give us some information on the area. Does it have good primary and pre-schools? Are there any areas to avoid?

Ffion & Dylan:rolleyes:

Guest Matt & Suzi

We were thinking the same as you, the houses look lovely and the area looks nice but we have only seen it on the internet and have read comments on some of the posts, its not the best of areas. (but thats only what ive read)

Guest dglamoore

The best I can give is have a drive around when you get here - do not rely solely on others opinions :o Some parts of Morphett Vale seem fine while others definitely not so good so worth driving around - they never show you where the houses are online or what is next door;)

I think that Betty22 kids go to the schools there so they may be able to help more with the schools and the general areas :D It is well situated for getting to the beach, hills, city etc and shops near by too.

Lisa:cool:

Hiya,

I'm afraid I have to be biased on this one as this is where we chose to buy our rental property, mainly due to the great location for closeness to amenities and the five mins drive to the beach.

Lisa is right though, you must come over and see for yourself to get a feel for the place. There are good and bad pockets in every neighbourhood just like there is in the U.K.

Happy House Hunting!

Judi x:)

Guest dale_jo@
Looking for some advice.

We have been looking at houses on relestate.com.au found that we can have more for our money in Morphett Vale. Can anyone give us some information on the area. Does it have good primary and pre-schools? Are there any areas to avoid?

Ffion & Dylan:rolleyes:

iT`S PURELY PERSONAL I KNOW SO MANY PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN M/VALE AND THEY LOVE IT!

AS ALWAYS THERE ARE GOOD/BAD IN EVERY SUBURB,I LIVED IN HACKHAM AND EVERYONE KNOCKS THAT BUT TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST WE NEVER HAD ONE IOTA OF A PROBLEN THERE!!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS DRIVE AROUND AND HAVE A LOOK FOR YOURSELVES , THATS THE BEST JUDGEMENT YOU CAN MAKE !!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest569

So it looks like you might have to have a drive around and look for yourself then. ( as no one has the balls to say " don't do it !!!!"):rolleyes:

Morphet vale is not 5 mins from the beach !!! It may give you a mortgage free life but once here your priorities may change and a bit more luxury with a small mortgage might be the choice you make.

Every suburb has something to offer : Seaford and Hallet cove are lovely coastal suburbs and Woodcroft and happy valley are lovely established areas.Morphet vale in my opinion has cheap housing and is close to Lonsdale industrial area and thats about it, but if thats what people need then hey its horses for courses.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Morphett Vale is the oldest suburb in the south and is the largest in South Australia. It borders with Christie Downs, Hackham, Woodcroft, etc. There is nothing to seperate each suburb, one side of the road can be Morphett Vale and the other can be Woodcroft.

There are some very older parts of Morphett Vale and newer homes in new estates. Because it is so large, it is difficult to generalise about the area as a whole. For example, Woodcroft College is actually in Morphett Vale, along with the shopping centre in Woodcroft - the postcode is Morphett Vale. Furthermore Southgate Plaza is in Morphett Vale, although many think it is Reynella.

There are parts of Morphett Vale which are only a 5 minute drive to the beach - Christies Beach - my auntie and uncle live just off Doctors Road and you can be parked and on the beach in 7 minutes.

I would strongly advise if you are looking at Morphett Vale to live, you drive past a house before discussing buying it with the real estator (and obviously view internally) - a house can look beautiful on the internet, but when you drive down the street, you will know if it is a street you want to live in. For example we looked at a house way back when in MV and it looked stunning from the photos, but on driving past, the street was tatty, the gardens were unkept, there were old cars parked in the front gardens, sofas waiting for collection which looked like they had been there forever. There were a parade of shops at the end of the street, but many were empty and it just gave me the impression of not somewhere I wanted to live. HOWEVER there are some stunning streets in Morphett Vale with some lovely houses, manicured gardens and well looked after homes. But you must do your research (as with everything about moving to a new place).

Generally Morphett Vale is cheaper to live because many of the houses are older and may not appeal to the majority. Good luck with it and happy house hunting!

Sarah, I couldn't agree with you more on that statement. Where we have our rental is a lovely circuit of newly built houses. Everyone takes pride in their front gardens, infact because they are new builds, each has been lanscaped and looks lovely.

Chrisites Beach is only 5 minutes away in the car. If it wasn't true then we wouldn't have put in our rental details. We don't lie.

I'm not one for travelling a fair distance in the car either when it comes to shops. I like shops to be local and with Collandes just down the road, its why we chose the place.

But hey, its a good debate to have over different areas. Hallett Cove seems to be of the usual debate, so its nice to have a change.

Ffion and Dylan and everyone else emigrating over, you'll just have to see for yourself. We can sit here and describe until the cows come home. The picture we paint with words can only be seen with your own eyes.

Judi x;)

Guest Traci5

We had a really good look around when we first got here in Sept of last year and I had done loads of research on the internet before coming out...so of course I knew all the good suburbs to buy......Wrong!!!,..... we wanted to buy in MV or least in the surrounding areas at first as we had friends there who raved on about how good it was. Well I suppose it depends on what you are looking for and they do have a beautiful home. They have come from a 2 up 2 down in a run down part of Oldham and now have a lovely 3 bedroom house with a nice garden on quite a good street.

We viewed so many properties and it just wasn't what we wanted...distance from the city, etc and a lot of the aussies dont seem to do anything to their homes , so if the house was built 30yrs ago it probabaly still has the same robes , fire, air cond etc that it had back then.......and we are far from snobs believe me! We ended up buying in Flagstaff Hill which is where we rented when we first arrived. Everytime we went home it just felt right and the school is fantastic. We have no regrets of buying where we did and I am quite sure that no matter where you choose it will work out well. Just dont rush into it and take your time to get a feel for the place. There are far more beautiful places in Adelaide than where we live but from where we came from this is paradise!!

Our son goes to Woodcroft College in MV aswell so we are not knocking the place. And just so you know. When you buy a house over here you can be in it within 4 weeks. How good is that!

Guest betty22

Hi,

Yes Morphett Vale is a very big suburb and there are good and poor areas due to its size, there are new properties and old properties and some in the middle.

We are close to the woodcroft side about 400m away from the shopping centre and our house is about 12 years old so we have a large 880sqM block with a large 4x2 house.

There are loads of primary schools to choose from( I had a choice of about 5) and there are private schools both anlican,baptist and catholic. My girls go to Woodcroft Primary at the momment, which is an excellent school.

We are about 10 mins from the beach and collanades, shops, swimming pool, ice rink, cinema etc. It takes Nick between 30-40 mins to get the city dependant on time of day.

All I can say is that we bought our house 3 days after arrival and have never looked back.

But as other posters say it does pay to look around because photos from Real estate can be very mis leading!! We always planned when we were in the UK to live in Hallet Cove because we liked what we saw, however when we got here we took about 30 secs for both of us to say" not for us" (too hilly, nothing else, so Hallet covers don't get upset), The photos on the internet do not show you this.

You need to shortlist your areas and have a real good look around. Who knows you may find what you want on the first or second day of looking. we did

all the best

Liz