Please, can anyone shed any light????

carla&trev

Hi

We applied for a General Skilled visa in May of this year, since then we had not heard anything. I emailed the department last week just to ask if they had received our application. I got the reply today - they confirm receipt of the visa but "it failed to meet Schedule 1 criteria for that visa". Does anyone know what this means? They haven't taken the money from our account yet, so does that mean that it is a complete no-no and that we can't go to Australia. My husband is a plasterer, he passed the TRA and had the relevant experience so I can't understand what this Schedule 1 is. I have tried looking on their website but cannot find any reference to Schedule 1.

I am absolutely gutted if this means the end of the road for us. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Carla

Guest soggy

Hi sorry to here your news but I dont think all is lost, as I understand things they first look at your application to check that it is valid, that is competed application form, complete with all the correct supporting documentation, if the application is valid they then take your money and then assess you for a visa, at this stage you lose the money if you fail, if your application is not valid for somthing like lack of documents it is returned to you, (things have just changed, they now take your money straight away and return it if application is not valid).

It may be that you have missed somthing that was required, did you include everything that was stated on the document checklist, including the checklist itself. I serched the DIAC site for " Schedule 1" and found this,

good luck

Simon

Making a valid application

To make a valid application, an applicant is usually required to do all of the following:

• lodge a completed application form (if there is one)
  • pay the visa application charge payable at the time of application (if required)
    See: Fees & Charges
  • meet any other relevant requirements in Schedule 1 of the Migration Regulations.

An application is not valid, and cannot be considered, until all the above requirements have been met.

The application form used must be the appropriate form for the class of visa sought. The form must be completed in accordance with the form instructions.

Note : Some visa applications do not have an application form and/or no visa application charge is payable.

Guest dglamoore

Which visa were you applying for? Did you use an agent or go alone - may be worth talking to an agent to see what has gone wrong with the application if you have not used one. :confused:

Good luck - hopefully this is just an oversight somewhere on the form and you will be full systems go again soon :)

Lisa:cool:

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I think I may know what the problem is. When I emailed I mentioned that I was pregnant and due at the end of the month and asked what I needed to send when baby is born. As they haven't taken any money could it be that they want baby's birth certificate and passport before proceeding? I am hoping it is that so all is not lost - except time!!!!

Carla

Guest jen&ian

This is perhaps not what you want to hear, but I think it's unlikely that your pregnancy is causing the hold up. I was pregnant when we applied but this didn't stop application being processed, you just add baby once it's born and you've got it's documents. I would second others advice to call in an agent for a bit of advice. I hope you get to the bottom of the mystery! Good luck.

Jen:)

• 3 years later...
Guest Mangoji

Good advice get a migration agent.

Preferably one here in Adelaide.

Email me and I will email a reputable one.

Possibly get a sponsorship from a plastering business.

Does your hubby do dry lining and has he a certificate in UK Qualification

Plastering jobs here is so different.

I have a friend who emigrated from Essex and he is a plasterer so reply to my email and I will see what I can find out for you.

I will also clarify Schedule 1 for you from here.

Tim

pommyoz557@hotmail.com