457 visa info ....HELP

Guest The Morleys

Guest The Morleys

Hello All,

I have lodged an online application for a 457 visa, and I now need to attach the supporting documentation. Please could you answer the following questions

1. Is there a list of documents required? I am a nurse and am being sponsored by the Royal Adelaide Hospital

2. When I attach documents to my online application, do I need to get them certified as originals?

3. I am a registered nurse in the UK, registered with the NMC, I am in the process of applying for registration with the NMBSA. Do I need to wait until my registration is granted before my visa can be granted? Or do I just attach a copy of my UK registration and forward a copy of my SA registration once it has been granted?

4. Passport size photos can I just attach photo’s I’ve taken with my own camera or do I need to get proper passport photos taken and then do I scan them or post them to you?

5. Dependants included on the visa – My Daughter and My Husband (who is my daughters father) are to be included on the visa application, do I need to complete “consent to grant an Australian Visa to a child under the age of 18 years” form 1229?

6. References – I have been working at Doncaster Royal Infirmary as a Nurse since Sept 2008, but I have only been working in my current department since April 2009, do I need to get a reference from my previous ward manager as well as my current manager? Also, what information needs to be included on the references? And to whom do they make it for the attention of?

7. Do I need to undertake an English Language proficiency Test even though I am an English born and educated, Native English Speaker?

8. Do my Husband and daughter also need to have health checks? If so where do I get the forms and have you a list of authorised practitioners who can carry out the checks and complete the forms?

9. Do I need to undertake Character clearances?

This is a copy of the email I have sent to the Dept of Immigration, but I have a feeling I might have to wait a while before I get a reply, so if in the mean time anyone here could answer some of my questions I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Nina

:wubclub:

Hello All,

I have lodged an online application for a 457 visa, and I now need to attach the supporting documentation. Please could you answer the following questions

1. Is there a list of documents required? I am a nurse and am being sponsored by the Royal Adelaide Hospital

2. When I attach documents to my online application, do I need to get them certified as originals?

3. I am a registered nurse in the UK, registered with the NMC, I am in the process of applying for registration with the NMBSA. Do I need to wait until my registration is granted before my visa can be granted? Or do I just attach a copy of my UK registration and forward a copy of my SA registration once it has been granted?

4. Passport size photos can I just attach photo’s I’ve taken with my own camera or do I need to get proper passport photos taken and then do I scan them or post them to you?

5. Dependants included on the visa – My Daughter and My Husband (who is my daughters father) are to be included on the visa application, do I need to complete “consent to grant an Australian Visa to a child under the age of 18 years” form 1229?

6. References – I have been working at Doncaster Royal Infirmary as a Nurse since Sept 2008, but I have only been working in my current department since April 2009, do I need to get a reference from my previous ward manager as well as my current manager? Also, what information needs to be included on the references? And to whom do they make it for the attention of?

7. Do I need to undertake an English Language proficiency Test even though I am an English born and educated, Native English Speaker?

8. Do my Husband and daughter also need to have health checks? If so where do I get the forms and have you a list of authorised practitioners who can carry out the checks and complete the forms?

9. Do I need to undertake Character clearances?

This is a copy of the email I have sent to the Dept of Immigration, but I have a feeling I might have to wait a while before I get a reply, so if in the mean time anyone here could answer some of my questions I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Nina

1. Nina find out what the RAH do for you as I can recall I applied for my 457 but didn't need any of the paperwork you are talking about.

2.Yes you normally do need to get them certified I got ours done.

3.I went down for my registration when I arrived in adelaide

4.Passport photos are needed

5.Not sure

6.Yes get three references,has the RAH not already applied for phoned for them already?

7.No unless you're not English

8.Yes everyone needs medicals.xrays,bloods

9.there is a list of Drs online that do them in your city.

10.Not sure

Nina there is a lot of paperwork and you do need to work through it but you'll get there.

It's not as quick as you may like, I applied for my sponsorship in Jan and it came through May. Hope this helps a bit:)

Guest clairw75

Hi Nina

You do have to sit an IELTS test as from the 1st July this year even though you are british born and educated - I have checked for myself lol and confirmed with the hospital and the NBSA :err:

You may find there is a Dr in your ED that can do the medicals for you ;)

TC

Clair x

Guest The Morleys

Hi everyone,

just wanted to let you all know, Dept of immigration replied to my email the following day, and I have got all my stuff together, My application is now lodged, I've got a case officer, I've booked my medical and chest x-ray (1st September) so It's all go now ....yippee

Nina

Hi everyone,

just wanted to let you all know, Dept of immigration replied to my email the following day, and I have got all my stuff together, My application is now lodged, I've got a case officer, I've booked my medical and chest x-ray (1st September) so It's all go now ....yippee

Nina

great news :-)

What was the advice on the SA nurse registration? Can't wait to be starting the process but still have a while to go before i even qualify as a nurse :rolleyes:

Guest The Morleys

Hi Clair - Thanks, I really excited it all seems real now...not be long till you're applying for yours

xx

Hi Gemma,

Your training will fly by...mine did...it's frightening, you think where did the time go, and you feel like you learnt nothing, but you have and it all falls into place once you start your first job.

As for DIAC 's reply they said:

That only I needed to have a chest x-ray and medical,

I needed to send:

a copy of my job contract

Evidence of registration with NBSA

Copies of mine, Hubbies and Abigails Passports

Marriage Certificate

Abigails Birth certificate

They said that I only needed to get copies certified if sending by post but not if scanned originals attached to application.

Nina

Guest guest3462

Hi Nina,

Wow that brings back memories!!! We are here in Adelaide on a 457 visa sposored by flinders medical centre. My husband is the main visa holder; he is a Dr. I am a nurse but still waiting for my NBSA registration!!!

Let me just tell you what happened to us. The DIAC told us that only Rich needed a medical, that was wrong and we failed to get our visa first time round. We all had to go to York for our medicals, even the girls who were 1 and 2 at the time!! CXR's are essential for everyone over the age of 12. We had to foot the cost of that ourselves and had to pay for a first class courier to get the results of my medical to Sydney within 72 hours or we would not get our visa. Very scary and expensive!!! (They wouldn't accept it by email like they did with Rich's!) :-(

We also had to get Flinders to send loads of documents from their end, which they had neglected to do, so when our case officer asked where things were, we were like....what docs? What are they? and the panic set in that we wouldn't ever get a visa!!!

The girls didn't need any of the other forms filling in as we had birth certificates, so that was one thing less to do.

Finally we got our visa and landed here in Adelaide. Rich went to register with the medical board and was told that he couldn't as he had not sat an English proficiency test, despite him being born and raised in Nottingham and having a UK education to PHd level!!!

He has had to get proof of english speaking from his secondary school from 25 years previously, and has had to do this twice!!!!! They still wouldn't let him register even though they were speaking to him in person!

Everything is sorted out now and we are loving it here in Adelaide, Rich has a fantastic job with the aeromedical retrieval service (helicopter rescue squad) and I've just applied to work in the emergency room in noarlunga hospital.

All we have to do now is start the applications again to get our PR!!!!

I wish you all the very best of luck in your application

JC xxx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lkaddoumi

Hello Everyone,

we have got our State Nomination Approval and lodged our visa application (VISA 475) last June 19th 2009. DOes nayone have an idea for the timeframe to get or case appointed to a CO?

THanks a million and congrats for those who got your visas! ;) Wait for us

Guest The Morleys

Hi Ikaddoumi,

I'm afraid I can't help you with a time frame for a 475 visa as I going on a 457 visa which is an employer sponsored visa. It might be worth starting a new thread and asking if anyone knows.

Good luck

Nina

x

As for DIAC 's reply they said:

That only I needed to have a chest x-ray and medical

Hmm, sounds to me like duff information (and I know that if you should be able to rely on answers to such questions from anyone, it should be DIAC, but sadly that's not always the case!)

Unless things have changed radically, all those migrating will require medicals, not just the main applicant.

Might just be worth another check.

Good luck, Jim

Guest guest3462

Hi Nina,

Just wanted to let you know that the NMBSA have witheld my application for registration until I have sat the IELS english exam! Apparantly anyone who applies for registration after 1st July 2009 will have to sit the exam. It costs $350 and you need to get a grade B or level 7 in each category to pass. Mine is on the 8th october in Adelaide and I can't apply for either my nursing registration or our permanent residency visa til then!

Good luck with yours

Julia xxx

Guest The Morleys

Hi Guys,

Just been on DIAC website http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf this link takes you to a table which you can use to determine wether or not you need to have a medical and CXR. and according to the table as we are going on a temporary visa and currently live in a low risk country (UK) that only I need to have med & CXR as I will be working in a hospital.

Hope this info is correct as I travelled to York on Tuesday for it doing and I will be a tad peeved if we have to go again as its over a 3 hour round trip.

fingers crossed

Nina

xx