Sending small amounts of cash

Lea

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help?

We have opened a bank account with Westpac and have to deposit some cash into the account within 30 days.

We don't want to transfer much at the moment just £100 or so to activate the account.

Anyone have any ideas of the best way to do this? The transfer companies HIFX etc aren't interested and our bank will charge us £20 for the pleasure of transferring it :confused:

Thanks in advance

Lea

Guest Guest75
Hi

Wonder if anyone can help?

We have opened a bank account with Westpac and have to deposit some cash into the account within 30 days.

We don't want to transfer much at the moment just £100 or so to activate the account.

Anyone have any ideas of the best way to do this? The transfer companies HIFX etc aren't interested and our bank will charge us £20 for the pleasure of transferring it :confused:

Thanks in advance

Lea

I can't think of an economical way for you to do it............................but............

I can do it for you.

I've PM's you.:D

Guest Mark&Pamela

Hi

We always use Tranzfers - they charge £7 no matter how little/large your transaction is, and are very, very easy to use - do it all online.

Hope you get it sorted anyway.

Guest graandjac

Hi FX told us that small amounts dont get the good rates so it might be worth saving the small amounts up to make a bigger one, £ 5,000 up wards seems to get these rates(better) other wise i dont think that you can avoide the chargers even £7.00 is alot on just £100.00 Cheers Graham

The cheapest way is if a 'Tyke' can put some monies in for you !

RBS charged us about £15 in the end, they quoted £11 then £20 & eventually told me economy would be £15 - got there in the end !

We transferred £100 to.

HIFX are currently waiting for our instruction to transfer bigger money chunks, just need the $ to go up a little ....pleeeeeaaaaaassee !!

Angela