Quarantine Inspection Charges

Guest rich

We've been told by our shipping agents this end that they want $400 for Quarantine Inspection fees even though our stuff in the container is miles off arriving. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or are they having a giraffe?

cheers

rich:arghh:

Guest countdown1975

That is a bit strange - surely they should just charge you that if they actually have to do something to your shipment when it arrives quarantine wise - they seem to be getting us every way with fees for this and that don't they?????

I haven't heard anything yet but my shipment is due to leave the Uk on on the 20th apparently so it must have left ireland already - due to arrive in Adelaide on 2nd Oct 2009

It does seem to be an endless stream of revenue chugging its merry little way out of our bank accounts for things like this but hey ho... if that's what happens then it happens.