Yes !!! Got our case officer today !

Guest suttons

Guest suttons

so excited, got an email today from our agent, saying we have a case officer and they are requesting police checks and medicals, this has all moved so quickly we are so excited. We are hoping to validate in January, the return to Oz after selling our house in the UK, hopefully by mid 2010, this is going to prove costly for double the flights etc, some people have said why dont we just go for it without validating, but not sure im brave enough, has any one else come out to Oz without validating or ever having set foot there before ???

Shona (35), Ian (35), Elisha (11), Mitchell (7) and Ty (2)

Guest The Dimmocks

One more step nearly complete, well done. We not long got our visa and we will activating it and staying. We never been before either. We just about to put house on market so hopefully it should sell before 13th July 2010.

Good luck in all your plans and hopefully wont be to long till you get your visa. :-))

wohoo glad things are moving along nicely for you :jiggy:

We are going without having ever visited, we know we want to give it our best shot and couldn't see the point in the extra flights.... however will give you a better insight where to settle, finding it very hard to choose a suburb as every where sounds so lovely.

Hope everything else continues to go smoothly.

Guest Obedoh

Well done on getting your CO. Not long to go now.

Wewere initially going to validate and then come back but was going to be toooo expensive and I just wanted to get there. Fly out in 4 weeks, never been before.

Bite the bullett

Jackie

Congratulations!!!

It shouldn't be too long now.

I've never been to any part of Australia at all but Jason had to go to Perth to do his skills test but that's as far as it went.

We are going to go in January for good without a reccie visit as the way we lloked at it, it's just another added expense.

Hope your plans go well

Niki

Guest suttons

wow, thanks for all the replies will definately give it alot of thought, it is another large expense when we could put the money to better use once in Adelaide, it could be an adventure, just got to see if i have the courage to go for it.

thanks everyone x

Guest sforbes

Hi

Congratulations on being allocated your case officer.

What is your time line?

I am just lodging my online application today and it would be good to get a feel for how long things have taken to get to CO stage.

Many thanks

Sharon

Guest kangomik

We never did a reccie, never been to Aus before.

Our leaving do was great, all your friends and rellies there all asking what we knew about the place and where we would be going.

You should have seen their faces, we didn't even have OAA granted 2 weeks before leaving!

Never been, didn't know ANYONE, didn't know where we would be going in Adelaide.

It was the start of a real adventure.

So i guess if we did (and many others) then it is totaly doo able. Nerve wracking but all part of the fun.

We too ddin't want to splash that cash out, well it's a new car isn't it!!!!!!!!

As it turns out we now have some good friends, we have quite a few rellies in the area, all be it distant but still family. We have had family over twice, and my mother arrives soon. These people would have never of come to Aus, lets face it they had no need. But they have seen more of it than us!!!!!!!

All the best for your plans, choose what's right for you, and ENJOY

Guest bishop3912

GO for it hun!!!!!!!!!! but then I'm biased lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know we have been to Oz before but we have never been to Adelaide, indeed we had never been to Tassie!!!!!!!!!!! If its what you want to do why waste the money, remember to 6000k in UK money is AUD$12,000 in Oz, thats your car money. At the end of the day you have to do whats best for you and your family. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Remember that we will be there to help you out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Squeezle

Ohhhhhh, now this thread has put me in a quandry! we too have got our CO now and have our medicals on Thursday, not to sure of the time lines should all this go ok, so any feedback would be good. Our original thought with the housing market over being so quiet was to was to fly out, validate and come home and see how long it all takes to go through!! Now I am wondering should we just put the house on the market now and keep fingers crossed all goes well? Decisions.... Decisions, they only good thing is my Mum is in Gawler so at least we would have no accomodation costs if we come over to validate!

Guest kangomik

You would have other costs though.

It depends how much your chancing, if you have £500 K profit in the house, then yes a reccie is wise. if you have £5K profit then not so wise.

It comes down to how much you would need that cash when you arrive. In our experience those few dollars would have made a difference.

Guest Squeezle

Hi thanks for that, your right on the other costs, but to us for now it would just be 2 flights, so not a huge out lay, we have been out before and know what we are coming to, and we are lucky in the fact my parents will be were we stay initially so very little to pay compared to some. I think we are more worried about our house not selling quickly, as we live out in a small village and village life is not to everyones taste so not sure how long it will take to sell. Our friends here have told us to rent it out, but again that has other issues and we still need to release our equity at some point. So hence why we orignally thought of coming to get the visa validated within the time frame and hope the house sells sooner rather then later. Any advice always welcome from everyone who has been in this position..... and fingers crossed for the medical on Thursday!

Guest kelv&haley

we are slightly ahead of you,we had our meds two weeks ago and we've never been to oz before,we've sold all our furniture,rented our house and as soon as we get the visa we are booking one way flights with our 5,3,and 1 yr old children......i think it will be a great experience .....i say take a risk,good luck,let us all know what you decide, haley

Guest Patterson2006

we went last year to validate our visa....and spent 3weeks & 12 flights looking around Aus...exhausting all of Australia is great but Adelaide is the place for young children and accesabillity for the rest of Aus..

Don't waste your money just go and if you don't like where you are just move on to somewhere else...

good luck

Guest suttons

well, all of the above informations is definately helpful and the cost of what we would save on flights for 5 of us is quite big, the timecale is just more scary doing it sooner rather than later i suppose, but it is exciting to think about it, we too need to discuss further and make a decision, we have medicals booked for thursday, and luckily for us we will have family waiting for us that we can stay with xxx

Guest lkaddoumi

Hello Everyone.

We have lodged our application (Visa 475) after recieving the State Nomination approval last June 19th. So far we didnt get a CO. Does anyone have an idea on the time frame to get a CO in this case? Thanks a million and CONGRATS for those who got your CO. Wait for us ;)

Guest clairw75

Hey :)

We have never been to Aus and like many others the money used for a reccie could be better put for something else like a car etc .

I have a job secured and am sorting out NBSA registration (i'm a nurse) and can then lodge my visa application. Our house goes on the market next week at last lol

I do think if you have come this far you should bite the bullet and get there - if you dont like it you can go somewhere else!!! including returning to the UK if you are that way inclined :err:

saying that only you and your family can make that decision and reading a forum may not be the best way to make that decision :)

Good luck with what you decide :wubclub:

Guest suttons

thanks, i know its one of the hardest decisions to make, but as my own mum has told me 'go for it' and if you dont like it you can always come back, so i think we are pretty much going to go for it, the scary thing is now getting the houser eady for sale and getting it on the market soon, and to also start clearing out all the stuff we are not taking to Oz with us,

thanks everyone for all your opinions, they helped alot.

Adelaide here we come !!!!!

Guest suttons

ok big decision made, we are going to 'just go for it' hope to be in Oz early 2010, had our medicals and xrays done yesterday, hopefully will get visas quite quickly so that we can start making concrete plans, the excitement has kicked, some family members are not that happy about us going so soon, but hey they were never going to be happy whenever it happened, so heres to looking forward to living in Adelaide very soon and to anyone else hoping to be out there at the same time.

we are going to need all the friends we can get. x

Shona (35) Ian (35) Elisha (11) Mitchell (7) and Ty (2)

Guest bishop3912

Well hun this is one family member that is realllllllllllllly happpppppppppppppppppppy!!!!!!!!!! see you in Adelaide reallllllllllllllllllllllllllll soooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!! go for it now your decision is made dont change your mind like we kept doing!!!!!!! Good luck to all that are moving our soon or have already made the move. Suttons is right we will need all the friends we can get!! Our flights are now booked for 26th Sept, so see you are the Oct, girls/boys meet xxxxxxxxxxxxx