Tell us about the Suburb you live in ... good and bad points ...please !!!

Guest The Morleys

Guest The Morleys

Hello all,

Just been for my medical and chest x-ray today...been given a clean bill of health so that's a relief! :jiggy:

We are still trying to decide where abouts in Adelaide we should live and although we plan on renting to start with, we still need to try and narrow down our search for rental properties :nah:....so I was wondering if people who are currently living in Adelaide could tell me a bid about the suburb in which they live...good and bad points...personal opinions welcome ... also if it's not too nosey could you tell me how much rent you're paying or give me an idea of average rental on a 3 bed?

You're help will be hugely appreciated! :notworthy:

Love

Nina, Marcus & Abigail

:wubclub:

Hi there,

We have just moved to Hallett Cove and have a fantastic seaview. It is hilly here but around each turn is a fab view. I am surprised by the amount of graffiti though. Not sure of rentals for 3 beds as this is a huge 4 bed, but probably around the 300 mark per week I would have thought. Prior to this we lived in Seacliff near the beach and train station and that was good too, but the views in Hallett Cove are to be highly recommended. Good luck in your searching.

Guest turners

we are in tea tree gully (redwood park ) great area heaps to do lots of parks easy to get to the city especially on the o-bahn 30 mins to semaphore and about the same to get into the hills we love it here and so do our kids rentals are about 300-350 I think! we own, but were paying 320 for a four bed rental last year in ridgehaven. Water world is just down the road so many shopping places to cjhoose from it's great. I'm sure there are down sides but haven't found any yet and been here a year best of luck Dina

We're currently renting in Northgate (oppositve Lightsview, about 8k northeast of the CBD) in a very nondescript three bedroom house but on a very nice development, which costs us $350pw. This is overpriced but will probably look like a bargain once we're paying a lot (I'll write that again for emphasis - a lot!) more for our mortgage! We enjoy where we are, there are plenty of open spaces and playgrounds on the development, the northern beaches are around 20-25 mins away, it takes as little as 15 mins at weekend to drive to the CBD (double this on the bus, which runs every 15 mins or so), the hills are easy to get to and there's local shopping plus Tea Tree Plaza is a short drive away.

It's a surprisingly quiet area given that it's close to major roads, with the most regular sight apart from the bus which stops right outside our house, being joggers and 'power walkers'. As well as a playground, each open space has a section with adult gym equipment (flyes, bench and shoulder press, twists, etc) where you lift your own weight, and these obviously attract those courageious sorts keeping fit and doing circuits, so there's always someone running around ...

The block were we're building is up in the Adelaide Hills in Nairne, and although we're really looking forward to being there (and we visit the area regularly, as you do) I don't feel able to comment on its virtues and vices yet.

Jim

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi Guys!

We live in Glenelg South -

Its beautiful, and we're only a 5/10 minute walk to the Tram and Jetty Road (Which is full of restaurants and shops)

We're right by the beach, so I guess that's put the price of our rental up.

One thing I would say, is that we researched rentails quite heavily before coming out, and thought we'd be a lot better off, but a lot of the pictures on Homebound and Realestate seem really misleading.

Also, the standard of rentals are all over the place.

We're paying $400 a week, but that's for a 3 bed apartment by the beach.

In Glenelg, you can expect to pay anything from around $350 / $400 for a 2 bed apartment to over $1000 a week for the top of the range exec flat.

Things seem to be a bit more reasonable if you head further south...down the coast (which is what we're thinking of doing at the end of our rental) Otherwise the Hills seem to be really good value for money. There's a paper called the Messenger, which comes out every week, and is free - they list loads of property prices.

When you get over here, just take your time and have a good luch around - and hire a car!!!

Doing it on the bus is knackering!

Good Luck with your visa's!!

Lisa

Guest kerfumph

The block were we're building is up in the Adelaide Hills in Nairne, and although we're really looking forward to being there (and we visit the area regularly, as you do) I don't feel able to comment on its virtues and vices yet.

Jim

There's one big downside to Nairne.

You might meet me:arghh:

Guest guest569

We live in Seaford Rise. The pro's are .... Moana beach. The southern expressway starts and finishes here ( depending on the time of day ) House prices are very resonable ( to buy and rent !!!) and Mclaren vale wineries close by :notworthy:.

The only con is ...... To many poms live here !!!!:biglaugh:

Guest graandjac
We live in Seaford Rise. The pro's are .... Moana beach. The southern expressway starts and finishes here ( depending on the time of day ) House prices are very resonable ( to buy and rent !!!) and Mclaren vale wineries close by :notworthy:.

The only con is ...... To many poms live here !!!!:biglaugh:

Last time I looked the southern expressway started and ended in Noarlunga downs as we can see it for our drive:p.

That leads me on to Noarlunga Downs.......close to heaps of beaches Southport, Port Noarlunga, and Moana, close to Colonades shopping center with all the shops you could need, close to the hills , close to Mclaren Vale, close to a train Station, close to the cycle path and River reserve, a good selection of schools............its great and we love it....;)

We live in Aldinga Beach which is about 40km south of Adelaide, we built down here because it was somewhere we could afford to live and in our opinion its not an unreasonable commute to the city where both me and my other half work (used to commute Doncaster to Wakefield and it took a lot longer!). We have built a house which we love, on a new estate and have made loads of friends down here (both aussies and poms), my children play out all the time and have a childhood that is not disimilar to the one I had. We feel Aldinga has a great community feeling eg. my sons are at scouts here and do lots within the community, on Sunday we went on a free guided walk around Aldinga scrub with afternoon tea provided and next month all the cmmunity groups that are down here are having an open day - get to know whats happening locally. We are 5 minutes from the beach and 10 minutes from the Maclaren Vale! To rent a 3 bed house here would probably cost in the region of $300 - mainly new properties.

Hope this helps

Lindsey

Guest guest569

I strand corrected Gra. The expressway starts and finishes at Old Noarlunga. You can also see it from Seaford Meadows and with all the poms moving this way the suburbs are rapidly joining together !!! Seaford Rise is just the posher end of the street !!!!:biglaugh:

Guest graandjac
I strand corrected Gra. The expressway starts and finishes at Old Noarlunga. You can also see it from Seaford Meadows and with all the poms moving this way the suburbs are rapidly joining together !!! Seaford Rise is just the posher end of the street !!!!:biglaugh:

Some might say..........:P;)

Guest cornish Busdriver

We started living in Christies beach just 5 min from an amazing beach, great dog walking and fishing. Christies has everything thing there and more, we were paying $330 pw for a 4 bed house.

Now live on Grand Blvd in Seaford Rise, not as much here as christies or such a nice beach but amazing views looking over our pool out to sea. Bonza sunsets.