Got An Agent

Guest Jane & Tony

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi All

After failing the TRA ( My fault for not providing enough info) and looking at the application forms for the visas, we decided to get ourselves an agent, Ian Harrop & Associates. He seems very good at the moment. So with a bit of luck we should get on track for our visas. I'm planning on it all taking about 18 months including selling the house. Is that about right does anyone know? Or are we being optimistic. ( hubby is on the MODL list ). Anyway if anyone is interested, that's where we are now. Thanks to all that sent advice and offers of help with the TRA. Very much appreciated.

Jane & Tony

Big bottom lips and v dissapointed aand frustrated!!:mad:

Guest mOZzy

aww don't give up -that's only a setback and deffinitly a test for us all if we can make the big move!!

i only heard good things of ian harrop so i think you are in very good hands! - which trade are you in??

i'd say 18months is a reasonable time - not so sure about the house sale though...

Guest BigMik

18 months should give you plenty of time.

i reckon it can be done just under 12 months depending on trade (some are faster must be processed quicker due to demand) if you pull your finger out.

Our application is away at the moment, so fingers crossed, but on a timescale, from initial consultation would be 14 months, about 12 months from sending tra off, thats if we get a reply by Dec.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Well done getting an agent, you will know exactly where you are now!

As for time frames we got our TRA in 4 months and the visa in 4 months, it was the house sale that took the time. My advice there would be get ready to go on the market so when the TRA is approved put it staight on, I dont think I have heard of anyone failing visa application once they have a TRA. Unless it is something medical. If worse comes to worse, you can live in rented or with out laws!! Or even pull out of sale, something you can do there.

sarah

Guest Django
Anyway if anyone is interested, that's where we are now.

Of course we are. That's why we are all on here. Lets hope things move on smoothly from here onwards. :D

Keep us updated

Pete

Guest motlyman

Hi Jane & Tony,

You have made the right decision in using Ian Harrop.

We used him and he guided us through the process (we have been here 7 months now)

Ours was complicated including TRA.

Colin