school years

Guest Smudge

Hi i Have twin girls age 14 just gone into year 10 starting their GCSE's, there cousin is age 15 in Oct in the same year as them, the info i need if anyone can help is will they be in the same year still if we come to Adelaide. We are having conflicting messages reguarding this.

Thanks Kathy :confused:

Hi...my friends have just arrived from the Uk, and they also have twin girls aged 14...(were 14 in april)....They would have just started Year 10 in the UK.......They had the choice of either Year 8 or 9. The school recommended Year 9 (based on what they had already done in the UK)..but they opted for Year 8.....mainly as they know my daughter and felt happier being in year 8 with kids of their own age. As it is nearly the end of the school year here...(only a couple of weeks left of this term, and Term 4 to go)...they will be in year 9 in january...

They have settled extremely well.and are both enjoying school here...so it looks like they made the right decision to go into Year 8......

I believe for the first few weeks...if not a couple of months...the most important thing for kids of this age is to be happy and settle...The curriculum is different here......so dont worry too much about the school work...that will all fall into place....happy kids, who feel settled will learn.

My daughter is 14 - turning 15 in September, and is currently in Year 9. Her old, same age, school friend in the UK has just gone into Year 10 for the start of the school year there. Although Lottie (friend in UK) is now in a higher year, my daughter will actually finish her schooling before Lottie - here they stay at school till Year 12 and do their final exams then - meaning she'll leave in November/December 2012, in the UK Lottie will do GCSEs at the end of Year 11 then do two more years before A Levels, leaving in May/June 2013. So it's all swings and roundabouts!

Has that made things even more confusing???!!!