Got State Sponsor/query re medicals

Guest Clarkeys

Guest Clarkeys

We got State Sponsor!! One step closer, was so much quicker than time quoted, 14 days from paperwork received.

Re the medicals, we live in Chelmsford, Essex, does anyone know the closest x ray department/doctors they use?? Are they all the same price??

Lastly i am gone be possibly 8 months + pregnant, is it best to have medical done whilst pregnant then go back for X Ray after rather than wait till 6 week check??

And could anyone tell me if the baby has to be checked at same place as us or is it just local doctors?? also if anyone has had newborn what checks do they do on him??

Thanks

Rainy:):)

the nearest to us in Romford was a Doctors in Upminster for the medicalsand the x rays we had done at the Spire hartswood hospital in Brentwood, my 2 yr old was done at the same doctors and i know my 6 month nephew was also done here, they just listened to his chest etc, checked ears and felt his whatsits down below (which he found highly amusing), other wise i think most of the others are in London.

Hope this helps.

Shona (35) Ian (35) Elisha (11) Mitchell (7) and Ty (2)

Guest Clarkeys

Thanks for that, how much did it come to for xrays and medicals. I rang Nuffield in Brentwood and they quoted £79pp for x ray plus £20 courier fee!! So much money, was yours the same as this??

Rainy

the x-rays were £94.20 per person at the Spire Hartswood in Brentwood which is not far from the Nuffield, we were asked on the phone when making the appointment if we wanted to wait after having the xray (about 30 minutes) and take them with us which we did, we then took them with us the next day to the Doctors for the medicals, and paid £170 per adult and £80 per child.

It is alot of money but so is the whole process i guess, you just have to keep thinking it'll all be worth it in the end, hope this helps.

Shona x

Guest Murphy642

Hi - my 4 month old just had his medical, it does have to be done at a visa doctor not the local GP. It is basically like a 6 week check that he would get at the GP's only it costs £95! My recommendation would be to get your medical and the baby's medical at the same time, the processing is pretty quick and you don't want to keep going back and forth. Good luck!