Papers to take

Bealesfamily

Hi All, apologies if this has been asked before and also if this is the wrong place? Just wondering if there is a list anywhere of documents that we need to bring with us? - I know we have to bring landlords references, work references etc. but what else?

Your no claims bonuses.:) - that gives rating 1 here.

Guest ben&sharon

Hiya,

Not sure if this will help or not, since everyone's needs are different, but I bought a file before we left and filled it with the following so that we could carry it all as hand luggage. We have found that we've needed most of it, so well worth bringing:

- Travel docs (obviously!)

- Packing list from the shippers / contact details of the handlers at this end

- All birth certificates (the big ones - the summary versions are no use here)

- Marriage certificate

- Copies of our wills (at least we haven't needed these yet....... :biglaugh:)

- copies of all of our medical histories (printed from GP's records)

- car insurance certificates confirming no claims bonus

- driving licenses (paper bit as well)

- job and personal references (we owned our house, but I guess landlord's refs should also be included)

- payslips covering the last six months (plus tax records for my OH who was self employed)

- P45 from my final employer (need this for your P85)

- proof of qualifications (certificates)

- Letter from immigration comfirming visa (that was just me being paranoid in case we lost our passports!)

- photocopies of passports & visa (see above...... ;))

- Confirmation of funds in our UK bank accounts (bank statement / letter from solicitor following house sale)

- my son's red book (for immunisation info)

- list of contacts for UK utilities / council tax etc - we are STILL untangling our accounts and waiting for refunds from BT and Tiscali after two months of being here.

- and the most important of all.... a letter from my hairdresser in the UK detailing my colour instructions.....!!

Can't think of anything else at the mo; sure as soon as I post I'll remember something else!!

Sharon.

- and the most important of all.... a letter from my hairdresser in the UK detailing my colour instructions.....!!

Sharon.

Yep I can confirm that this is a very important one:biglaugh:

Guest ben&sharon
Have been trying to come up my own list so this is useful.

If your children are school age then school reports maybe?

Probably a good idea - my son's much younger, so not something we had to think about....

Guest MandisFam

Hello, Just wanted to add, that it was suggested to me that if you own your house, then take a copy of your mortgage statement, showing that you have made payments each month on time. This helps with getting a rental.

Im going to print that list off.

Mandisfam