driving ban

The Hallidays

Hi all

wonder if anyone can help me.

My husband got banned from driving in July and doesn't get his license back for 18 months:sad:. . . we're hoping to move to adelaide at the end of Jan next year and are not sure what to do. . .

do we contact the DVLA and tell them of our plans or move over without saying anything and let him apply for a new license when we get there? Do they check the DVLA here???:confused:

i know some of you will say this is wrong but really don't want to wait any longer before moving out and will consider anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone help with any advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Guest Squeezle

Not sure about the answer to your question, but would you not need to show your UK driving licence when you apply for an Australian one? I know they take your licence off you when you get banned ( my hubby had the same 4 years ago, is it a sparky thing!) so maybe they would check it out if you have no licence to show.... will watch to see what come back.

Hopefully catch you out there next year!

Not sure if it's still available but you used to be able to apply for a European licence; technically, your OH is only banned in the UK.

Hi,

the transport sa web site says if you are banned from any contry you cannot drive, have a look at this link, http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,+travel+and+motoring/Motoring/Interstate+and+international+motorists/International+motorists/Driving+with+an+overseas+licence

Simon

Guest kangomik

i agree with soggy, it's the same as points. And apparently they do check up on this also.

You could re-sit, but how long will that take on L's and then P's with no points and banned.

18 monthss ummmm you may need to declare what that ban was for when here, that could cause problems also

Hi,

the transport sa web site says if you are banned from any contry you cannot drive, have a look at this link, http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transport,+travel+and+motoring/Motoring/Interstate+and+international+motorists/International+motorists/Driving+with+an+overseas+licence

Simon

It was worth a shot - I was working from memory as I had a friend who did it 22 years ago!!

J.