Has any one moved over on a 457 visa?????

Guest hensonmonsta

Guest hensonmonsta

We have been advised to apply for a 457 visa, but we understand that you require an employer to sponsor you before you can apply for this? :unsure:

Has any one had any experience doing this and any chance you could share your experience with us. :)

Many Thanks

Hi

We are on a temp 457 visa and it is sponsored by my husband's employer. Im not sure if it always has to be sponsored but i think it does. I havnt met anyone with a 457 who wasnt sponsored (but that might not mean anything!) If you have a job lined up then it is much easier to get here if they do sponsor you and you dont need to get all the medicals and police checks, etc. It is temp for up to 3 years but we have been told that so long as the sponsor is willing to continue the sponsorship at the end of the visa then it is easier to get perm residency. Im only repeating what we have been told tho - I am def not a migration expert!!!

Prob best to get in touch with immigration just to clarify. Not sure if my rambling was much help!!:nah:Hope you get it all sorted - Good Luck!

Allie

Guest hensonmonsta
Hi

We are on a temp 457 visa and it is sponsored by my husband's employer. Im not sure if it always has to be sponsored but i think it does. I havnt met anyone with a 457 who wasnt sponsored (but that might not mean anything!) If you have a job lined up then it is much easier to get here if they do sponsor you and you dont need to get all the medicals and police checks, etc. It is temp for up to 3 years but we have been told that so long as the sponsor is willing to continue the sponsorship at the end of the visa then it is easier to get perm residency. Im only repeating what we have been told tho - I am def not a migration expert!!!

Prob best to get in touch with immigration just to clarify. Not sure if my rambling was much help!!:nah:Hope you get it all sorted - Good Luck!

Allie

Hi Allie

Thanks for the reply. I've heard that you have to have a sponsor and you have to stay employed with them (you can change employer but you have to reapply for the visa:goofy:)

How did your husband manage to secure the job, I see you are going out there on the 30th Oct (Is that right?) what sort of work did he get.

Do you also know what the costs are for the visa? sorry to ask so many questions but you look on the internet and theres so much info that it starts to get confusing...

If you are moving out on the 30th then the best of luck to you.:)

Hi

We are here already :) Been here for 6 weeks but only just got a perm rental organised - and its lovely! Cant wait to move out of our temp rental!

Mu hubby is a now lecturer and was a member of loads of different sciency type forums. the job came up on one of those and he applied, got it and it kind of snowballed from there! we had never really thought about moving from the uk but we are glad that we did. At home he had no chance of a job in his science field but here there are lots of opportunities for that kind of thing :) Im a teacher and there seems to be lots of casual work but no perm jobs....not so good:skeptical:

I think the visa cost around £300 but im not sure. we had a relocation service who did all that but i think the costs are online. You can get the visa electronically which is handy as they email it once it is approved.

dont worry about asking lots of questions! That is what this site is for and everyone on here is great at helping out. I must have posted hundred of questions before we moved here - still do actually! Ask away and someone will know the answer.

Hope you manage to get your visa :)

Guest hensonmonsta
We came on a 457 visa but we had to have all the medicals etc, then when we applied for PM we had to pay for them all again, plus the 457 wasnt any quicker being issued than going straight for the PM initially

Hi Thanks for your reply ... can I ask how long you were there on a 457 visa before you applied for the PM visa? and what line of work you found? I think we are confused about how to go about this... we have a property to sell, we have no job offers, will we be able to get job offers whilst we are here or should one of us go over there to secure a job etc etc etc so much to think about.

Where did you start first with the process?

Guest hensonmonsta
we had to have a employer sponser, we are nurses so it was fairly easy. we landed here Oct 06 and got PR March 08. If you can go for the PR first it will be so much easier and cheaper for you in the long run

We have been told to apply for the 457 visa due to our jobs not being listed on the skills list, mine is listed but I don't have a degree in real estate :sad: just 13 years experience but I don't think this is enough. We would refer PR, we would then feel more secure with things if you know what I mean. with having two young children we would want to make sure we are doing the right thing. thanks for your reply.

• 3 months later...

Dear Allie,

I just wanted to know from you that what are the requirments of being lecturer in South Australia. I am from academics. is there any special requirment for being Lecturer in TAFE or any vocational college.

I am from computing and IT and have 6 years of teachign expererince at undergraduate level

please let me know through which forums ur husband got job

Kind Regards

Hi all,

We are hoping to come to Adelaide on a 457 business sponsored visa.

Pretty sure that all 457 visa's have to be sponsored.

Our visa just seems to be taking ages :mad:. We now understand that our visa is being dealt with by a member of management in DIAC, as the process has now escalated due to the time. We have been told that due to the economic climate this is the reason for the delay.

We are using a migration agent and they are really fab, always chasing up DIAC and keeping us informed.

Guest bones 09

Hello everyone,

I was just reading about the 457 visa and wanted to ask if anyone has gone over on that visa and then applied for PR. I was told by an agent today that i could go over on the 457 and then apply for PM more a less straight away....has anyone done this and if so how long does PR take to come through if you apply from Adelaide?

Many Thanks

Kerstell et al