Hi Rob & Jane, we submitted our 175 in July and were in no rush to get a visa till next year, but having sold the house we decided to go sponsored to speed things up, however when we contacted our agent he said dont bother you've just been assigned a CO and will get a request to do medicals next month
So yes things do seem to be speeding up again. Good luck with yours
Hi robm and thekings
Quick question, do you guys have jobs on the CSL? This all seems positive, (for a change) hope it starts moving again, all the best with everything
Yes I have a job on the CSL, and feel very lucky at the moment, when we talked to our agent last week they said it made a nice change to be able to talk to someone with some good news for a change. We really feel for those that are having a hard time at the moment, we have some friends who have been dumped upon by the system. My only advice is to hang in there and dont give up on your dream, if you give up now then was it really your dream??? You only live once and you may only get one shot at this dont let it pass you by. We have had loads of people say to us that they dont blame us, they wish us all the best, they had the chance and wish they had done it years ago. The only negative comments have come from those that I feel are only jealous or cowardly.
I agree with thekings totally. We also are on the CSL and as said previously, dont give up the dream. Things are changing all the time. Jane x
Rob & Jane ANMC Positive Skills Assessment 01.07.09 (adv'd 15/7) 176 State Sponsorship submitted 22.07.09 State Sponsorship Granted 28.08.09 Main 176 Visa Lodged 14.10.09 VISA GRANTED 1.12.09MERRY CHRISTMAS! Flight booked 19.10.10 for Jane Start work at RAH 25.10.10 Rob and Boys fly 12th November
Thanks for that guys, glad things are moving for you, lets just hope us poor SS non CSL peeps get some good news sometime soon too.
And there is no way we'll ever give up on our dream, just hopefully wont have to wait till 2012 for it to be realized!
Thanks again, lets hope you all have some fantastic news soon!
we are ss non csl too. We were hoping to go some time next year!!!!! Now left in limbo what to do. Do we still sell house? Do we leave our lives on hold? We have been effected by both changes this year went from 1 now to 5 in que. OH well back to WAITING.
Originally Posted by jillabong
Same situation for us too, however, our CO must have looked at our visa recently as our medical certs and police checks have been updated online. We had them on the 23rd September!! How unfortunate!!! Got home from the medicals to a phonecall from our agent - stinks doesnt it?!?
Originally Posted by janice1uk
Our agent told us to carry on as normal as she thinks our visa will come through next year anyway!!!!!!!! Not too sure myself what did your agent advise? We are thinking of New Zealand but our heart still lies with Oz
Originally Posted by JayBone
Im optimistic that it will come through this year, after all, how many people can there possibly be on the CSL? My agent said they had had 2 people in 8 years on that list!
Originally Posted by janice1uk
We originally applied to go to New Zealand, but its not easy. Hit alot of red tape and lost a bit of money. Basically as an Electrician i needed to get registered (like Corgi for gas fitters) but the only way to do this is to have an offer of employment from a company who will back your registration, there were plenty of companies looking for people but im not in that industry, i work on oil rigs, so it wasnt an option, so with no registration, they disregarded my trade, my qualifications and my work experience and i ended up with about 20 points!!
Australia however recognise offshore trades as a seperate entity and understand that they dont require registration, hence the visa application to OZ now.
If you are seriously considering NZ and have never been, get yourself there, we are going back next weekend for another 4 week stint, its a stunningly beautiful country.
If i was you i would hang in there, its a decision for life, and if you had a knee jerk reaction now and moved to NZ cos you just want to go somewhere (i know the feeling)
you would regret it in a year or two when you know you would definitley have your visa, and you would be stuck in NZ for 5 years minimum waiting for citizenship at which point you could move to OZ as a resident.