It's all so confusing?

Guest lizzie mac

Guest lizzie mac

hello there, I wonder if someone can clear something up for me...

I want to apply for Sponsorship to SA govt under provisional visa 475 as an Office Manager, and I've got my positive skills assessment. The new list says I need to have a written job offer for at least 6 months from an employer to do this. Am I missing something as I don't understand how someone would get one of these, if the company haven't met me and the visa then takes months to process once I get this letter before I could actually move over and start work? Could someone please shed some light? I would be glad to have missed something and that's not what's needed at all! :-)

L

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

Hi Lizzie

We came out on a 457 temperary sponsor visa, I applied for a job they agreed to sponsor me and i was still in uk for 7 months before we arrived and finally started. please be aware that I feel that the company that i work for have me over a barrel and i am not happy in the employment, but unfortunatly if i wanted to leave i will have to apply for visa again which includes the cost!!!! or wait it out for 2 yrs and wont need to spend so much ie wont need to do trade skills asessment which costs around $2000 so i have been told, There are companies out there who will do this you just have to find one that is prepared to wait for you.

I hope you find the job you are looking for Good luck.

Dave.

Try southerncross personel they have many jobs in many areas and varying trades.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hopefull
hello there, I wonder if someone can clear something up for me...

I want to apply for Sponsorship to SA govt under provisional visa 475 as an Office Manager, and I've got my positive skills assessment. The new list says I need to have a written job offer for at least 6 months from an employer to do this. Am I missing something as I don't understand how someone would get one of these, if the company haven't met me and the visa then takes months to process once I get this letter before I could actually move over and start work? Could someone please shed some light? I would be glad to have missed something and that's not what's needed at all! :-)

L

Hi, we are here on the 475, we were told the same as you and it cost us a 6 month delay trying to get a written job offer. There's a company ( agency) that were prepared to source a letter from one of their contacts here for $500.00. When they found a suitable company they informed us that the company were also asking for $500.00. Obviously smelling the scent of exploitation. We refused and by sheer luck were informed that this letter of employment requirement had been abolished a few weeks earlier. This was sometime last year (08). I would clarify this with DIACS or whoever as we re-submited our application shortly after this and our 475 visa was granted last Oct/Nov and we duly arrived in Adelaide 23rd December. Hope this helps