shipping problem

Guest markjohn

Guest markjohn

Hi guys,

The shipping company picked up all our worldly goods on Thursday and all went smoothly.

They sent me an email yesterday saying that unless we have an address in Adelaide or know someone in Adelaide our stuff cant be shipped.

As we dont know anybody there that is a bit tricky.

We leave in 3 weeks so the address would only be for short period.

Has anyone got any ideas how to get round this as i have thought about just making one up.

Thanks

Mark

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Mark

We just gave them our temporary accommodation address and then updated it once we had our long term rental sorted. They'll need some sort of address for the Australian removal firm to send you their own information & forms.

Guest Guest75

I would not make one up.

The shipping company do need an address to send out some important documentation.

We see a lot of letters arriving for our guests before they do.

Have you a friend or trusted contact here???:):)

Guest back clan

Our shipping co just used our email address and we arranged for the container to stay in storage at the port until we had an address here. Our shipping arrived before us and was in storage for 4 wks til we moved into a rental. The whole experience was smoother than any move we did in the Uk

Guest steph&neil

Hi our shipping company shipped our things 4 months before we got here (a delay in our visa!) we had to fill in a form for unaccompanied goods, this waived the need for an address in Australia, we then shipped another 12 boxes 2 weeks before we left & did the same instructing that wridgeways (the delivery company at this end) were the receiving company & they stored everything & delivered both loads to us once we got a rental sorted, let me know how you get on! x

Guest kangomik

wridgeways were great for us, we used our Oaa addy, and then updated once the container arrived they stored it for us for a couple of weeks at no extra charge till we moved into the rental.