To Poms already there!!

Guest Jane & Tony

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi All

Me and other half were just wondering when is the best time to put your house up for sale in the uk?? Do you wait untill you have your visa or when you have passed the TRA?

Ifanyone can answer this question, thanks in advance.

J&T XX :D

Guest ali@51

I think it depends on the houseing market in your area. It is very slow where we are and conciquently we went on the market in jan, when we applied to get Morgans skills assesed. We figure we can always move into rented for a few months if needs be, but we still havnt sold:mad:

Guest dglamoore

We were actually in the middle of selling a house when we decided to migrate so just continued with the sale and moved into a rental for a year :) All worked for the best as we got a great rental reference which our agent told us was the reason we got our fantatsic new house so easily ;) We also had the funds available to take advantage when the rate shot to 2.51 last November :D

Lisa:cool:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

I would take the plunge and get it on the market, before we moved, we had accepeted an offer in Jan,we got our visa in Feb, the house finally went through end of May??????????, must have been one of the longest sales ever!

There seems to be so many people ready to come just waiting for the house to sell.

Good luck

Guzzler

Hi All

Me and other half were just wondering when is the best time to put your house up for sale in the uk?? Do you wait untill you have your visa or when you have passed the TRA?

Ifanyone can answer this question, thanks in advance.

J&T XX :D

Hi

We are waiting on our Visa and we are putting the house on the market 1st September

we are in Berkshire and the market still appears to be buoyant. If it all goes through as quick as I hope we will move in with the mother in law for a while............................

Good Luck

MacLeods

Guest Sassisoo

I guess it partly depends on where you live and what your area sales are like.

House sales are so unpredictable we've decided to do it sooner rather than later and move to rented (which also saves us ££ on the mortgage each month) if need be, rather than get the timing wrong and not have sold by the time everything else is in place.

Good luck whatever you decide!:D

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I would sugest putting the house on the market when you recieve TRA, I have not known of anyone failing the visa once they have a TRA, unless of course for medical reasons, this is rare though too!

With hindsight I would have put ours on sooner, we recieved visa in august and still hadnt got a buye, we eventually arrived the following March!!!

But then with hindsight, I wish we had come 10 yrs ago now!:mad:.

sarah

Guest philnjulie

hi to all.

would have to agree with other posts. we arrived early june but could have started our life down under 3 months before, just had to wait for house sale. put it up now, theirs always rented. julie

Hi all,

I think a lot of people like to move into their new homes by Christmas or will leave it a while, that is how it seems with new build houses that I work in, so I plan to put ours on the market towards the end of Sepltember. The house next door to me went on the market 3 weeks ago and it sold in 1 week for asking price so I may be lucky.

Simon