IELTS Academic Passed

ThunderRoad

:jiggy: I'm chuffed that I don't have to waste another perfectly good weekend:jiggy:

Reading 8.5, Listening 8.5, Writing 8.5, Speaking 9

Overall 8.5 !!!!!

WOOP!

Now a score of 9 in the speaking element ain't bad for a guy with a Birmingham accent.:cute:

Any nurses or anybody else who is doing Academic IELTS exam who needs a few pointers, your welcome to PM me.

Guest asbo al

well done thunderroad not bad going for a birmingham guy

ive just told my missus she will have to do ielts she is bricking it and scottish.

did you do much study if so what.

thanks

Hi al,

I did a considerable amount the night before, just because i'd heard it can be a little tricky. There are alot of online test exam questions that i'd suggest you get your wife to take a look at. ( good for the listening element)

I also visited my local buisness/language school and took out 2 books.

101 Helpful Hints for IELTS - Practice tests and nice hints and tips.(Adams and Peck)

The Cambridge IELTS Course, Insight into IELTS (Jakeman and Mcdowell)

But, I definately thought i'd failled when I finished, so I would'nt worry too much about it.

It's such a long day though. 9 - 3.30 on a Saturday

Good Luck to your wife, I'm pretty sure she won't need it.

Guest thekings

Hi ThunderRoad

I am doing my IELTS on Nov 21 and am also a nurse, If I dont pass I dont get a job, no job, then no Adelaide :arghh: so no pressure then :biglaugh:

You guys made me laugh commenting on your brummie and scottish accents :biglaugh:

I'm from Suffolk (aye ya gorra loight boy) so know what you mean.

I've got some test papers that I'm working through at the minute and seem to be doing ok, also done some listening excercises on line. Will go to library and have a look at those other books ta.

Guest thekings
Congrats on the pass, my wife sat the exam last saturday, so just awaiting the result. How long did it take to get the results throught?

Apparently 13 days by post (not including royal mail back log) or you can collect result from test centre 2 Fridays after test but I think you have to prearrange this and may not be applicable to all test centres

Guest asbo al

a chinaman a brummie an if my missus passes a caber tossin scot too!!!

surely anmc will realise they are wasting there time with ielts and take it of the requirements to make it easier for future heed scratchers.

ta everyone for your support.:notworthy:

i will have to get my cane out now and do the old school master thing.

maybe get some study done too:biglaugh:

Guest thekings

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere...."there was a Chinaman, A Scotswoman and a Brummie walking down the road and came upon a Suffolk bor drivin a tractor :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Love the banter between all of you although still panicking lol. Looks like I have some more studying to do which will put my dissertation work further back (any excuse!):arghh:. Jon, let me know how you get on. Think the next sitting for me is December so better get it booked - Merry Christmas! Jane:goofy:

Have just been onto the nmbSA website and reading the "English Language Proficiency Requirements for internationall qualified nurses who are applying for an Assessment of their qualifications for registration/enrollment" page, I understood the instructions as needing the english language test if you are applying for assessment of nursing qualifications. I take that as meaning if you have been assessed by ANMC then it is a case of just registering with nmbSA as you would have already been assessed (if before 1/7/09)?

Of course if you have had the request by nmbSA then I am obviously mis-reading the information (heaven help me if I have to do the test!). I had my ANMC approval before the 1st July cut off. Jon, perhaps you could clarify your position as if I would rather not spend out £105.00 if I don't need to!

Thanks Jane:wubclub:

Guest thekings

Hi Jane, I notice your ANMC skills assessment date was 1/07/09!!! same as me, funny that :skeptical: Although you could argue that the assessment was done before 1/07/09 the NMBSA see that as an assessment by another body and they like to do their own assessment. However, they will take your ANMC assessment instead, but because you are applying to the NMBSA after this date then they want the additional IELTS test as well. I too thought I had "got away with it" :arghh:

They keep sending the hoops.......and we keep jumping through them :biglaugh:

Jon

Guest angiestaff

Now a score of 9 in the speaking element ain't bad for a guy with a Birmingham accent.:cute:

quote]

what-ever do u mean???? we brummies speak perfectly good english!!! it's not our fault no-one else can understand us!! :biglaugh:

well done on passing, thanking god that i never had to sit it!

when u planning on joining us in adelaide then?

ange

Angie, I agree. It's not us, it's them.:)

What does a adelaide twang crossed with a touch of Brummie sound like ?

We are in the process of moving this week into MIL's :goofy:!!!!! Just took a load of stuff to our storage unit, and tenant moves into our house next week.

So, we are thinking it's looking like Feb/March for us all to be Adelaide.

Guest Carolandcraig
a chinaman a brummie an if my missus passes a caber tossin scot too!!!

surely anmc will realise they are wasting there time with ielts and take it of the requirements to make it easier for future heed scratchers.

ta everyone for your support.:notworthy:

i will have to get my cane out now and do the old school master thing.

maybe get some study done too:biglaugh:

Best add another scott to that list as my wife has just got her results today (academic)

overall score of 8. So really pleased for her as she thought she might have slipped up on the reading. Now she can register with the board of nursing and take up the job offer to start in feb. well done Carol im so proud of you.:notworthy:

Guest Carolandcraig
Congratulations,, well done I'll have a glass of wine tonight and celebrate on your behalf. Only 2 weeks till my test :arghh:

Thankyou, wishing you good luck for you test.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thekings

Done the test today, all went ok (I think) 2 weeks till results come through, if I dont get a 9 in the speaking test I'll be well shocked (the examiner didn't get a word in edgeways:chatterbox:) had to talk about a traffic jam I was in once :biglaugh:

Not sure on the writing bit though....watch this space.

Reading bit was not too bad, there is always the danger that the subject will be boring and you wont absorb the information. The first subject was about EU transport :SLEEP:, then a really good piece about parrots in Australia, they even mentioned Kangaroo Island so made the whole subject more interesting, then the final subject was about codebreaking a bit "Da Vinci Code"ish so too was very interesting.

Going to relax tonight with a large bottle of red wine and a bar of chocolate, and hopefully big celebrations in 2 weeks time.

Jonathan

Hey, I did my test on Saturday too, but in Adelaide, agree the reading part is the hardest, when they were calling out the names for us to go to the speaking tests the guy was so releived to have an English name to call, they were really struggling trying to pronounce all the chinese, Japanese and Indian names!

The girl who did my speaking test apologised before we started, saying she would be asking me some really silly questions.....do I eat fruit and veg......? It was quite funny.....

I also saw a Chinese student from work who was gobsmacked when she saw me there, asked 'WHY?' (cost me $310 too so I better pass!!!!)