Agents advice

Guest BarmyRockChick

Guest BarmyRockChick

I've been contacting a few agents to compare them, the two I've heard back from say we shouldn't have any trouble qualifying for the permanent skilled visa, one (workpermit.com) even offered no win no fee so I'd reckon they were pretty certain! Anyway I'm currently at the stage of emailing my other halfs CV listing his 24 years in carpentry and waiting for some quotes.

Are there any really awful agents out there who you would advise us to steer clear of? I'm waiting to hear back from go matilda as well before I make a choice, all seem to be around the same price one includes the cost of the visa and the other doesn't. They reckon about 7-8 months to sort it out and get visas, is that a realistic time frame?

Any advice would be great!

Ta

Jo

I've been contacting a few agents to compare them, the two I've heard back from say we shouldn't have any trouble qualifying for the permanent skilled visa, one (workpermit.com) even offered no win no fee so I'd reckon they were pretty certain! Anyway I'm currently at the stage of emailing my other halfs CV listing his 24 years in carpentry and waiting for some quotes.

Are there any really awful agents out there who you would advise us to steer clear of? I'm waiting to hear back from go matilda as well before I make a choice, all seem to be around the same price one includes the cost of the visa and the other doesn't. They reckon about 7-8 months to sort it out and get visas, is that a realistic time frame?

Any advice would be great!

Ta

Jo

Jo,

Cant comment on workpermit.com as not using but we are with Go Matilda and been ok so far, good that with them you can pay in stages instead of up front.

Time scales vary greatly so hard to say if right or wrong. We are on the early visa stage having done TRA, yet we were told its "upto" 12 weeks to just get a case file file number once sent let alone a time scale for whole visa section, TRA took a couple of months all in all to get all info and get accepted. So best to just go with flow about time as i doubt anything you or agent can do to speed it up!

Best of luck

Guest graandjac

;)Hi guys we went with four corners who have been fantastic and would reccommend 100% as for time scales we were told right from the start that expect the whole process to take from 9 months (outside chance) to 18 so on average a year and would not take us on if we did not make the points needed. Hope this helps Cheers Graham

Guest BarmyRockChick

Phew trying quite a few to see what their like and compare prices etc, four corners wasn't impressive on first appearances, I spoke to a lady with quite poor English who didn't seem to know what to say! She's sending out a pack so I'll hold on and see if I speak to someone else with better communication skills next time!

Need to look at shipping costs too, we're trying to make up a folder of costs and paperwork we'll need to send off and info on different things. How much aprox is shipping for a family of 4 with a 3 bed house worth of furniture?

Jo

Guest graandjac

iam sure everone has a bad apple in the gang somewhere, four corners were reccommended to us from a visa holder and and in turn four corners were reccommended to them from their brother in law who is now on the otherside iam sure that between all of the pia's you will find a good one ....good luck Graham

Guest stufi1997
Phew trying quite a few to see what their like and compare prices etc, four corners wasn't impressive on first appearances, I spoke to a lady with quite poor English who didn't seem to know what to say! She's sending out a pack so I'll hold on and see if I speak to someone else with better communication skills next time!

Need to look at shipping costs too, we're trying to make up a folder of costs and paperwork we'll need to send off and info on different things. How much aprox is shipping for a family of 4 with a 3 bed house worth of furniture?

Jo

hiya Jo, whoever you choose you have got to be able to click with so make sure you are totally comfortable with them. Get a definate fee as well, and if you pay more than 2 grand tops (fee's) then it's too much. i won't name and shame but i'll send you a pm. stu ... good luck.:D

Guest ali@51

Hi Jo

We are useing go matilda and have found them very helpfull so far. not so sure about the 7#8 months though I think it might be a bit longer partic if u have to have you skills asses in that. Go matilda are quoting 4-6 months from visa prop going in and the way things are going we it might be a bit longer

Guest daksha

Hi Jo,

We are using Global visas, we have found them really good, and they respond to us as soon as we leave them messages and have been really helpful in the TRA process. They told us that we could be in Oz within 12 months but it could take up to 18 months depending on individual circumstances. We also found them to be relatively cheaper when we rang around agents initially

Hope this helps you:o

Guest Aussiebound

Hiya

We are also using Go Matilda. They have been fantastic. Shawn in Australia replied immediately to every email we sent when compiling the TRA application. We have been quoted about 6 - 9 months, maybe a little longer now as the timescales have been lengthened, and thats with a job on the MODL list.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We used migration solutions they advertise on the top of some pages on here, they are in Adelaide, we got ours in 8 months including a tricky TRA! You pay for one bit at a time, the total to the agent for us was £800, not including visa fees.

There is one agency I would not touch, but suppose cant say on here, feel free to pm me fo rthe name, I would more than happily tell you, were going to take them to MARA when we got here but other things took over!

SArah

Guest dglamoore

We used Go Matilda and cannot fault them - our visa from day of signing with them to getting the visa was 2 days short of 9 months but the timescales seem to vary a lot depending what visa you are on pus all the new visa regulations and changes next week may slow things a little too.

We did a complete list of all our costs on here somewhere so if you trawl through my posts you should come across it somewhere :eek:

Good luck with chosing your agent - just go with who you feel most comfortable with as you will be relying on them for a long time :)

Lisa:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

We are with four corners and have just passed our TRA. to be honest we are thinking of changing as they seem more interested in getting our money than getting our Visa. we are paying £3,400 in total not including fees for the visa etc. do you think this price is right and which branch are you using, quite a few are telling me this is a lot to pay for the agent, any info would be great.

Dave & Carmel

Guest dglamoore
Hello

We are with four corners and have just passed our TRA. to be honest we are thinking of changing as they seem more interested in getting our money than getting our Visa. we are paying £3,400 in total not including fees for the visa etc. do you think this price is right and which branch are you using, quite a few are telling me this is a lot to pay for the agent, any info would be great.

Dave & Carmel

wow those fees do seem a little high :huh: we paid Go Matilda £1450 excluding visa fees last year. Definitely would recommend them - very good and when we hit problems (3 case officers in a row and application not moving for 3 months :arghh:) Alan Collett himself jumped in and got onto a supervisor at ASPC, hey presto visa within a week of him calling :cute:

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi,

We are using ASA who so far have been fab, we are only just starting the process. However we have not spoken to any one over the phone but have used a communication area in our personal file, they always respond very rapidly!!!! WE are paying £2600 approx this does include TRA and Visa fees!!

Thanks

Nikki

Hi all,

We are using Overseas Emigration and they have been excellent so far. We are paying £2700 for their services only, visa, medicals etc are paid by us. Although it seems to be high compared to others, we have nothing but praise for them and they are doing exactly what it said on the tin and a lot more. I don't think it comes down to money a lot of time, it comes down to who you feel comfortable with and who you feel can do the best for you in your situation.

But good luck to everyone no matter if you have went through an agent or doing it on your own. The end result will be worth it!!