Are they still issuing state sponsorships

minty

Hi all,

I have just taken my vets electrician practical last month and have just received confirmation that i have passed. Now the plan was to apply for state sponsorship and go from there but can anyone tell me are they still issuing state sponsorships or have they put a hold on them for people that are not on the CSL list. I want to push on one way or another and if they are still issuing i would rather go down the 176 route but if they have stopped i will go down the 175 route instead and just get the visa application in the system. Also if any sparkies need info on the vets practical then just PM me. Many thanks.

Guest proctor3069

Hi

Congratulations on passing your vetassess, i have just passed mine in Motor Mechanics and i know what a relief it is.

We are using an agent and applied for visa and state sponsorship at the same time this week (4th November) and were told that state sponsorship is taking approx 6-8 weeks to process.

Good luck.

Guest suttons
Hi, is your trade on the CSL list or do you have to possibly wait untill 2012.

no, motor mechanic is not on csl, we have ss 176 visa, done medicals everything and now have to wait until 2012 for processing to continue, it sucks.

Guest jillabong

Morning all

It's a good day for us, we have just been granted State Sponsorship, all docs recieved 28.09.09 and it was granted today 09.11.09, so at least we know they are still sponsoring peeps, my hubby's job IS NOT on CSL, so at least this is a positive step in the right direction!!!!!! And at least you know now that they are still sponsoring peeps that are non CSL......Hope this gives you something to look forward to!!!

Now to send everything of to DIAC and wait till 2012 to see what happens!!!!! Good grief!!

Good luck everyone....there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel, fingers, toes and everything else possible crossed....

Jill