certifying documents

Hi all

We are in the process of putting togather the paper work for a 176 application. Our scanner is an A4 sized photocopier/scanner and printer all in one. That means we cant scan our documents in as birth certificates/marriage certificates are to big. Therefore we intend doing a paper application. Does anyone know if Drs can certify documents in the UK.

I have checked all the info and cant find anything specifically about Drs here. It does say Drs in Australia can do it.

Anyone know definatly, cos i dont want to get it wrong?

Thanks

Donna:)

Guest ben&sharon
Hi all

We are in the process of putting togather the paper work for a 176 application. Our scanner is an A4 sized photocopier/scanner and printer all in one. That means we cant scan our documents in as birth certificates/marriage certificates are to big. Therefore we intend doing a paper application. Does anyone know if Drs can certify documents in the UK.

I have checked all the info and cant find anything specifically about Drs here. It does say Drs in Australia can do it.

Anyone know definatly, cos i dont want to get it wrong?

Thanks

Donna:)

Christ - don't go down the paper route unless you have to. Does your local library not have a full size scanner that you could use and e-mail the doc to yourself before you send it on? Or do you have any mates that work in offices? Our scanner here is A3 sized, and that's pretty normal for an office copier / scanner.

Thanks all

Didnt want to use a magistrate, as did that for Nursing paperwork- was a nightmare. obviously solicitors charge, but as i am a practice nurse, have access to loads of Gps who i could get to sign, as long as they are eligable to.

I'm not to hot on the technology side of computing and thought it would be easier to do a written application. Whats the difference other than getting papers certified??

Donna

Thanks all

Didnt want to use a magistrate, as did that for Nursing paperwork- was a nightmare. obviously solicitors charge, but as i am a practice nurse, have access to loads of Gps who i could get to sign, as long as they are eligable to.

I'm not to hot on the technology side of computing and thought it would be easier to do a written application. Whats the difference other than getting papers certified??

Donna

Cant you buy a scanner they dont cost much or borrow one, they are not expensive.

Certainly cheaper than getting every piece of paperwork certified.

I bought one for my application best 25 pound i ever spent, it is amazing how many pieces of paperwork you actualy end up sending.

Guest thekings

Hi we used a magistrate (friend of a friend) certified copies for free. For ANMC assessment had to send certified colour copies, but for visa application just colour scanned and sent them in an E-mail to our agent as an attachment. As for oversized documents I scanned them twice....one end then the other so that they had the entire document albeit in 2 files. Had no complaints yet, having said that we havn't got a visa yet lol

Theres some great info on there. Thanks all.

Never thought of scanning larger documents at both ends! They are all options for us. Can i ask the Kings if you sent your nursing transcript again with your visa application? It asks for skills assessment and transcript. Mine was unobtainable, so the NMC did one for me and sent direct to ANMC for skills assessmnet. Do i need to contact them again for further copy to be sent to DIAC?

Thanks again all

Donna

Guest thekings

Hi The Harrisons, my university sent my transcript direct to ANMC, my visa application needed the skills assessment only from the ANMC. However when you come to register with the NMBSA you need to get ANMC to send your file to them (they do this for free). The NMBSA then charge you $20 to process your registration (this does not include the actual registration). They will also need a succesful IELTS test sent direct to them to continue the application for registration. Hope that all makes sense.

More hoops to jump through and more cash to part with :arghh: all in a years work to get a visa :biglaugh: