Medical report required

Guest Dani de Léon

Guest Dani de Léon

Hello fellow poms!

I'm currently in the process of applying for a 417 working holiday visa, but appear to have hit a bit of a hurdle.

I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in August and obviously declared it in my online application. I have now had a request for information from the immigration department stating the following:

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

You are required to provide a report from your treating doctor

describing your medical condition, treatment history, prescribed

medication and expected costs and treatment during a 12 month stay in Australia.

Now I have contacted both my GP and the diabetic nurse who deals with my treatment and both insist that the immigration department need to send a request for information directly to whoever is in charge of my treatment (GP).

I have relayed this information back to the immigration department including contact details for my GP, but have yet to hear back.

Does anyone have any experience with a request for this type of report? I feel like I'm not moving forward and I plan to head out in early January! Eek!