Is There Any Point?

Guest The Dog Comes Too

Guest The Dog Comes Too

Having done the reccie, failed TRA, passed AQFIII, passed TRA then suffered the 23/09 changes is there any point in continuing with the process? I'll be too old in 2012, daughter will be settled into her second year of secondary school . We have decided that we want to apply to SA for state sponsorship but feel we're just throwing yet more money at a dream that doesn't seem like its ever going to be anything other than a dream! Must say how sorry i feel for those further down the line than us who have been affected by the changes. I can imagine how bad they must feel. I was going to start the process of selling the business, house etc once id got past state sponsorship which would have been disastrous for us, so i guess we've had a lucky escape!!! :realmad::arghh::shocked:

Hey dont give up hope man.We found ourselves in a similar situation 2 years agoo when they dropped the pathway-d option for skilled independent visas,on top of that we were battling through the courts to adopt two children that we fostered and have a son with special needs who's medicals we had a nightmare with,needless to say we never gave up and arrived in adelaide in june after nearly 3 years of battling.We ended up getting an employer sponsorship which is probably the route you should look at going down,if you need any advice or encouragement just pm me only happy to help...............please dont give up on your dream though!

Guest kangomik

in 2 years time the gates will open, SA already has a huge skills shortage (in certain areas) and this will only be compounded soon.

Has fast as people arrive, others leave for other states

I understand that the 2 years may be to long for you to wait........ but i really have to ask, does your business earn good money and do you have a good life styles in the UK.... if you do then have a serious think mate.

Guest mayjess
It depends how much you want it. Were just cracking on and see where it takes us. Its only money at the end of the day and we only get one life.

Just the attitude we have adopted, if you focuss to much about the costs & the barriers you come across, you will never do it

Mayjess