Leaving on Monday and shipped passport/visa

Selah

Ever wondered who could be STUPID enough to do something like that??? ME!!!! Setting aside the fact that my house sale fell through 3 weeks, ago then came back through and completed today or that my house is not empty with renters moving in next week or the fact that we are having an emotional "surprise" going away party which I could do without - Imagine waking up this morning - doing my normal almost daily check of the 12 passports we have to carry (3 expired kids with visa, 5 valid UK and 4 US) to find out that MY HUSBAND's was missing!!! :goofy: Where you might ask? The immediate revelation that on the final day the shippers were in (Tuesday) they asked for a photocopy of his passport. I put it in the scanner, gave them a copy and walked out of the office as the dutifully packed the printer. Now - discovering this at 5:30am and running into my husband to proclaim that "something terrible had happened" is not the best way to start the day. Especially on Friday when you are leaving on Monday. All hands to White & Co who luckily still had the crates 1 hour from us - located the printer from BOX 121 and dutifully found said passport. You can imagine my husband's mistrust when he found I had shipped his passport and that the total house sale proceeds have gone into MY bank account (off to south of France by myself????!) Yes - migrating is stressful and I sill have 60 hours to go:skeptical:

sorry but had to laugh at your story! of course only after i realised that you actually solved it phewwwww - what a nightmare! so not what you need at this time especially!

glad it's almost over for you - you are almost here :D

Had to laugh and glad you got it back, I managed to send the packers away with all the car info, ie MOT cert, registration docs etc so had to get copies of the lot before I could sell the car!!!!:goofy:

Guest Im Here
Ever wondered who could be STUPID enough to do something like that??? ME!!!! Setting aside the fact that my house sale fell through 3 weeks, ago then came back through and completed today or that my house is not empty with renters moving in next week or the fact that we are having an emotional "surprise" going away party which I could do without - Imagine waking up this morning - doing my normal almost daily check of the 12 passports we have to carry (3 expired kids with visa, 5 valid UK and 4 US) to find out that MY HUSBAND's was missing!!! :goofy: Where you might ask? The immediate revelation that on the final day the shippers were in (Tuesday) they asked for a photocopy of his passport. I put it in the scanner, gave them a copy and walked out of the office as the dutifully packed the printer. Now - discovering this at 5:30am and running into my husband to proclaim that "something terrible had happened" is not the best way to start the day. Especially on Friday when you are leaving on Monday. All hands to White & Co who luckily still had the crates 1 hour from us - located the printer from BOX 121 and dutifully found said passport. You can imagine my husband's mistrust when he found I had shipped his passport and that the total house sale proceeds have gone into MY bank account (off to south of France by myself????!) Yes - migrating is stressful and I sill have 60 hours to go:skeptical:

LOL well that made me laugh but it is suprising how many people have packed their passports away by mistake at least you managed to get it back :biglaugh: