TRA application help please

Guest Bigorree

Guest Bigorree

Hi again, we are completing the TRA form. Husband is a tree surgeon, has been self employed for the last three years and then worked for different people before that. My question is this: are we correct in thinking that we have to account for the last five years of work or do we have to go back and back with irrelevant work done say ten years ago?

We are fine with proving all the qualifications, experience etc., also the accountants verification and other bits. Just don't know how far to go back!

Thank you for any advice.

Its weird once you get going on the forms how much you seem to write, because he is self employed we are covering absolutely everything he does for clients which varies dramatically. Anyone else been self employed and filled it in? Any pitfalls we need to look out for?

And. thanks again!

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Hubby is self employed carpet layer. We included as much as possible including photographs and a description of EVERY tool he uses for his job and it's purpose. Photos of Sean actally working, photos of his work, at different stages from prep to completion. He has been self employed for 10 years but only contracting for 4 therefore, his references only went back 4 years. Again they had to be quite comprehensive, with the people he contracted out to listing ALL the work undertaken including estimating, writing up quotes, following up leads and then the actual work. It is quite long winded, but not rocket science. Just include everything you can think of and you will be fine. We passed first time but the parcel we sent to them was around six inches thick, to give you an idea about the volume of documents we sent.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Mandy

Guest kangomik

I agree with Mandy, you have to cover everything in detail that relates to the job, i wouldn't put other stuff in there. I was told by an agent, they want a master of one trade, not a jack of all trades.

When describing the jobs i went into detail as advised. Imagine making a brew and writing down every step, you get nearly a page of writing when you think about it.

I agree with Mandy, you have to cover everything in detail that relates to the job, i wouldn't put other stuff in there. I was told by an agent, they want a master of one trade, not a jack of all trades.

When describing the jobs i went into detail as advised. Imagine making a brew and writing down every step, you get nearly a page of writing when you think about it.

Include as much info as you can.....i had to go back 20 years on mine right back to my apprentice toolmaker days.....you got to do it as tho your telling a 6 year all about your work...

Hope this helps.

HG

Guest Bigorree

Thank you again for help so far. One more question. Do we have to get everything officially certified? We are british but moved to france four years ago, been self employed since then. So all the relevant french registration papers have been sent to a certified translator but now i think i have understood that everything else has to be officially certified? Does anyone know if this is correct? If so will have so challenge my french abilities yet again and go see the notaire!