One step closer..............!

Guest mumoftwo

Guest mumoftwo

Unfortunately we were in the 175 Q when the 23rd September changes were announced. :goofy:

As a result we transferred onto a 176 and found out today that after 9 long weeks wait that we had our state sponsorship approval notice granted on Friday. It’s just so nice to be just one step closer.:biglaugh:

I am told the Form 1100 and will now be sent this to the Department of Immigration skilled section, at this point our application will be in priority queue of 5 ?!* However I am told this Q is not seeing much movement on processing at this time at the moment.

Does anyone have any experience of this Q or can anyone suggest any timescales at all?

For now I am trying to keep positive and take comfort from watching the journeys of other unfold on PIA, theoretically we only have medicals and police checks to go so hopefully it will be our turn for some good new soon.

Kathy, Andy and family x x x x

Guest BAZnDAF

I have no idea on your situation, but hang in there, before you know it you'll have your visa, and then when it comes time to leave you'll be worried that you don't have enough time to get everything done.

All good things come to those who wait. :)

Guest thekings

Hi, we are on the 175 visa, luckily on the CSL things to seem to have sped up. Considering when we applied in July we were under the impression that our visa would take 12 months, it looks like we could have the visa by January. Sent police checks off today, medicals in 2 weeks. Had one of those days today when you think "what the hell am I doing"? Then you think about why you are doing it then it all makes sense and panic passes.

Hang in there I think that DIAC are moving quicker than they are giving away, probably to ease some of the pressure that they have been under. Lets face it they will give out information as a worse case senario IMHO.

Guest mumoftwo

Thank you, a glimmer of hope! I know what you mean about the emotional rollercoaster tho! Although I think I have reached the point now where I just think its better to regret something you've done than something you havnt. Will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well and look forward to meeting you on the other side ! x

Guest The Dog Comes Too

Sorry, isn't it the case that since 23/09 priority 5 cases are unlikely to be processed before 2012? I'm applying for state sponsorship myself and also hoping to get the 176 visa, but i feel time may ruin out for me on this one. However i hope that this may change if the states have any power at all with DIAC and who knows, they start processing our categories within a more reasonable timeframe. Don't mean to sound pessimistic but we need to be realistic. Good luck mumoftwo and everyonelse stuck in the system .

Guest thekings

We feel that the emotional roller coaster is normal and all part of the process, I would be seriously worried if I thought it was all going to be easy and rosy. It just helps us to question what we are doing and confirms that we are doing the right thing. :)

Guest The Dog Comes Too

Just read elsewhere that DIAC have now caught up with their backlog of priority groups 1-4 and ready to start processing some cat 5 applications. Lets hope this is the start of the process returning to normal

Guest thekings
Just read elsewhere that DIAC have now caught up with their backlog of priority groups 1-4 and ready to start processing some cat 5 applications. Lets hope this is the start of the process returning to normal

Lets hope so :)

Guest jillabong

Morning The Dog Comes Too

was just wondering were you had heard this? we have our SS and application went into DIAC couple weeks ago, also 5 on processing list, our agent said that it wouldent take till 2012 for them to start processing, but she couldent be more sprcific :arghh:

I really hope that they are getting through the backlog and we see things starting to move along, had started to give up hope, but hey, you never know, we might get a good Christmas present after all!!! ;)

Hope all is well on this very cold and frosty morning!!!!!

Jill

Guest The Dog Comes Too

Hi Jillabong, i read it on the poms in oz forum. 5 of the regular posters of that site had a meeting at Australia House, which is where they were told this info by an official. I really hope this is the case and our cases will be moving forward again. Must admit all this has made me question whether i really wanted to go anymore. Now i've seen a glimmer of hope i feel all excited again!!! Funny thing is with all the ups and downs it's made me realise that Adelaide is where we're going to head to(if we get a visa!) after thinking that we'd head to Perth, even though i fancied queensland!? Adelaide just seems to fit all of us and we all loved it there on our reccie...just hope we get out there! Good luck, Paul