475 – one partner working in SA, other outside Australia?

Guest Emu

Has anyone on a 475 decided to …

have one of you staying in SA (working full time for 1 year and living here for 2 years, in order to meet the requirements for residency),

while the other partner is working outside Australia?

Guest WoodMartin

Has anyone on a 475 decided to …

have one of you staying in SA (working full time for 1 year and living here for 2 years, in order to meet the requirements for residency),

while the other partner is working outside Australia?

Not experienced this, but if you mean you'll want permanent residency for you both in the future you might struggle to prove the secondary applicant (the one of you who has not been in Australia) is definitely your partner. All the proof of emotional, financial and social partnership?

Once you're both arrived and visas activated I don't think it matters if one then leaves the country, the problems may come in 2 years when going for permanent visa if you both want one.

Hope that makes sense.

Ali

I don't think you can- as they know if any of you have left the country and the time has to be added on to the 2 years. As soon as immigration type in the partners name on the database they will see they haven't been residing in oz.

I am quite sure it is one of the conditons of the visa that all the family members have to live, work or study in regional Australia, for my 495 it is and for the 475 most things are the same.

Simon:)

Was just considering the options. My husband the main applicant would stay so we fill the visa requirements but I would go abroad for a year or so. In terms of relationship we could prove with flights, phone calls etc that we were still together.

Sorry just trying to think of all the options, as I can't get a job in my field (Logistics/Supply Chain) and I am getting desperate that once I am out of it too long I won't be able to get back. I am currently temping but on a different industry.

Thanks for all your replies.

im surprised you cant get a job in logistics/supply chain...........there always seem to be sh*t loads of jobs for it...........but I suppose it might be down to what you used to do in that field .or where you want to work..............or for that matter , how much you want to work for.

Smit, I wish I had a choice, I haven't managed to even get one interview for a job in that field, so is not as if I have been picky. I wish I could be picky but there is almost none advertised, and when they are I can't get an interview.