Shipping Inventory

Guest familygood

Guest familygood

Hi, just a quick question. We have now got our shipping boxes but they havent given us any documentation to go with it. I asked them what to put on the inventory when we pack the boxes and they have really informatively just said - list the items. Does this need to include what material they are made of and when they were bought etc? Anyone that has packed their own stuff - can you tell us what we need to put? Dont want to not put enough and everything to be opened at customs.. Not massively happy with our shipping co now... as we only have 10 boxes I dont think they can be bothered to talk to us as its not a full container load...

Thanks

Guest WoodMartin

Hi familygood,

We wrote ours:

There were separate sections for wooden, plant material, animal origin, medicines/drugs, alcohol and items under 12 months old. Make sure you know which box number they are in though! We put these thinga at the top of boxes in case they needed opening for inspection, but as it turned out none of them were opened. (Or if they were opened, they were all sealed up again perfectly!)

Items under 12 months were the only things we had to value individually and give a purchase date. For insurance we also needed to value each box in case it was lost...

I've seen a few posts re new items and taking things out of boxes to avoid tax - we only declared a couple of things, and did not get charged - someone on here told me there is an allowance of $1000 I think. (But may be wrong, don't quote me!!)

On the list we were given to complete we only had space for about 6 items per box. We put things like:

books, personal paperwork, ktchen utensils, crockery, clothes, linen, ornaments, computer cables.... had no problems with it, no questions were asked.

Hope this helps

Ali

Guest MarkIngram

We were lucky as our company did the whole lot...packed, listed etc etc...we just needed to read the list at the end to confirm everything.

We're just now waiting on the stuff arriving....we get into our long term rental on Wednesday....our stuff was due to arrive last Friday...but guess what...now not due to arrive until the 14th.....we may be in the house all over Xmas now with no furniture at all.....NOT GOOD.

Hi

Whether your packing it yourself or they so it for you they should have supplies documentation/forms to fill in,describing how and what to write declare or ship over.....that is not the correct way ..who the company sounds very un proffesional.

Try another company even if its a few boxes its still be the same service ,try seven seas ,wentworth international,etc

hope helps

helen

Guest familygood

They are called Bishops Move from Exeter. I wish we had gone with Seven Seas as planned as that seemed a lot easier.. I only get one line email responses now when I have questions which is not great customer service!!! We have filled out the customs form and sent that back in but i know we need to do an inventory too so I have devised my own form which I hope is sufficient. As long as it all gets there i suppose thats the main thing!!

Hi we packed our own boxes but we ended up with a full container for 2000 pounds stirling. If you only have 10 boxes shop around for a courier, as we cant remeber the name but it was about 500 pounds or there about to ship 10 boxes.

I just numbered boxes with sticky label and wrote a seperate list saying, Item 1 or Box 1 then say Photographs, Box 2 Books and videos, Box 3 Cds etc. I also wrote on the label that was stuck on the box what it was ie. the same as on the list.

Parko

Guest familygood

Thanks wont be worrying about insurance as none of it is worth anything ust sentimental stuff.. irreplaceable so not even thinking about damage/going missing!!