HELP please if you lodged 175 yourself online

Hazel M

Hi,

Well we lodged 175 app online - has anyone else who did this attached their immediate families passport numbers (non-migrating family I mean, parents and siblings).

I gave their details in the application where it asks about non-migrating family. After the payment had been processed - there was a checkilist of what documents are required for each person, so there was hubby at the top, then me then our 3 children, but then it said applicant 6 applicant 7 , 8,9,10,11,12... and just had a blank space by the word passport number for each of them.. not sure if this means I have to give the passport no's for parents & siblings even though they are not applicants??

I'm further confused coz in the automated email acknowledging the app there is another checklist of docs needed, amd it never mentioned our non-migrating family passport no's so am a bit perplexed about if they're needed or not!!! :arghh:

My other question is more straightforward.... can you attach documents as and when during the 28 day period they give you for attachments or do they all need to be done in 1 go? Got everything apart from a reference from his work, just wondering if I can add that once its been done in a week or so?

Thanks if anyone can help it'll be greatly appreciated!!

Hazel.

Guest thekings

Hi we used an agent so didn't actually lodge online ourselves left all that to them, I can tell you however that we were never asked for passport numbers for family members not on our visa, yes they did ask for details of parents brothers sisters etc such as dob but not passport details. Don't know about sending documents though, again agent took care of this, I can confirm though that he sent everything in one go once he had all the relevant information. The only exception to this was police checks and medicals that you shouldn't do until requested.

Hope that helps ;)

We had to attach passport details for OH 2 children that were not coming but I can't remember if we had to do any other family members. You can attach docs at anytime, do them as you go along then you won't miss any. Sorry I couldn't help more

Guest Jen & Did

Hi Hazel,

My OH did our application on line for us and it did asked for my parents and siblings but we didn't have to give in there passport numbers. When you get your CO they will send you a form to fill in confirming that you only put them on the application because it asked you. We then had to write a confirmation letter just before we got our visa and make sure it is signed all over the age of eighteen. Will check with OH if any of this is wrong. Hope this helps.

Jen

Guest RazandKaz

Hi

We made an online 175 application - without agent in May 09. I did not attach copies of siblings / parents passports, only the immediate family (4 of us) that are planning to emigrate. Also I send copies of additional requested information as soon as I had it ready, I did not wait to send it in one go.

PS Visa granted within 6 months of application, so I can't have done anything too badly wrong.

Good luck, read the DIAC checklist carefully and you should be OK.

Karen