Help teenagers (Nightmare)

Guest Denise 42

Guest Denise 42

Hi

we all arrived aweek ago last Wednesday my 2 teenagers 18 and 21yrs were thinking of doing Harvest work to allow them to stay a further year which would mean that all told they could stay for 2 years. By the way i'm a 457 visa which allows me to stay 2years working and have been told if i like the job can apply for perment visa. The question i'm asking is that my 2 teenagers because they have heard bad things about the Harvest work don't fancy that ,and as both of them have no friends here would both like to study in Adealide to not only make friend but also learn a trade. we went to immigration and they said it is possible to change working holiday visa to student but have to enroll with college first. we found out the cost of the courses and for both of them 21yr old wants to do hairdressing the 18yr old want to do Child care which the grand total is $ 41,00 :huh:

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestion on this matter, or if they is a easier way and less costly sending them home is not a option

many thanks for any suggestion

Guest kendra

Ive vaguely heard about overseas scholarships but I think thats just for uni

What have they heard about harvest work? Theres lots of different types around, and its a good way of meeting people.

If study is too dear, maybe look for a job locally until they can become permanent residents & they will then be eligible for scholarships, study assistance etc.

Guest dglamoore

International school fees are a killer for uni courses :huh:

Lots of casual work around so guess that would be one of the only options open to them. If they don't fancy harvesting why not try one of the casual agencies and see if they are suitable for anything else?

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I have heard this before, a friend of mines daughter had to "work the land" picking grapes or oranges. For what it is worth, she loved it and made lots of friends. She is now doing a course of some sort.

Sarah

Guest Denise 42

Hi

will give you a ring very soon have loads of question we might be moving to Hallott Cove and need advice on the best and cheapest places to shop to fill a house with everything and i mean everything

Denise

Hi

will give you a ring very soon have loads of question we might be moving to Hallott Cove and need advice on the best and cheapest places to shop to fill a house with everything and i mean everything

Denise

Hiya,

When we were filling our rental we gave a lot of our business to Radio Rentals. They do furniture as well as electric appliances here so it made sense to us.....plus you can do interest free credit if need be.

Judi x