HELP PLEASE - forms 80, 1221 - and other attachments

Hazel M

Hello - another question from me:goofy:

Right, Ive attached about 25ish probably more documents to our online 175 app - I THINK (and hope :nah:) that all that's left is form 80 and 1221,

BUT...... because they are more than 1 page long each - when Ive printed them off and then scanned them to attach,there are going to be about 4 pages for each - is that right??? Or is there someway I can attach them as the pdf document that they are online....all in one go rather than page after page after page, if you get what I mean?? (I'm running out of email adresses to use to get 5 free trials of converting jpg's to pdf's - so if there's a quick route - I'd like to take it :arghh:)

One other thing,, I noticed on another thread that someone had attached their cv - do i need to attach that as well?... its not on any list Ive looked at ........... apart from passports, birth certs etc,, work-wise I have attached nursing diploma, anmc verification, nbsa reg and practicing cert, academic transcripts, current work references and a payslip... surely that's enough? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Hazel

I am sure when we uploaded docs that were more than one page long, we just called them Form 80 page 1, form 80 page 2 etc. and uploaded them one by one.

Also, I am sure that I uploaded my CV into the work section. Only needed to be the CV of the main visa applicant though. And they like it to be in the Aussie format.

Good luck

Marianne

What is form 80 and 1221? Why have applied for 176 and there is no mention of these forms?? Also as a nurse, my transcript was sent directly from the NMC to the ANMC, as my training transcript was not available. Surely i dont need another now. If i do, then they like to send it direct, so how do i do that rather than upload it myself?? It doesnt ask for work references or anything specific to do with my work. have they requested this seperately from you??

Sorry for all the questions. as you say is a bit of a minefield!

Donna

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi, i hope i can help in some way. When scanning your docs in (dependant on software and type of scanner) rather than scanning as a jpg, hopefully you should be able to scan as a word doc or as a pdf, you might have to play around with the setting etc. Hopefully if you can scan as a word/pdf doc then there should be a setting that will ask if there are anymore docs to be scanned, this will enable you to send all docs at once. I made a similar mistake where i was scanning as a photo and was unable to send as my ISP would not allow me to send such a large file.

We used a lexmark scanner and took a bit of playing around with until i managed to work it out.

What scanner do you have?

Have just re read my documentation!! The document check list doesnt mention form 80 or 1221, but my email from DIAC does. Just shows how easy you can miss stuff. No wonder you were saying about the amount of time it takes Hazel M.

I think id best get started on this paperwork. Aso how does an ozzie CV differ to a UK one?

Does anyone know the address to get my transcript sent directly to DIAC from the NMC?

Donna

What is form 80 and 1221? Why have applied for 176 and there is no mention of these forms?? Also as a nurse, my transcript was sent directly from the NMC to the ANMC, as my training transcript was not available. Surely i dont need another now. If i do, then they like to send it direct, so how do i do that rather than upload it myself?? It doesnt ask for work references or anything specific to do with my work. have they requested this seperately from you??

Sorry for all the questions. as you say is a bit of a minefield!

Donna

Hi Donna,

Hubby's verification was sent direct from NMC to NBSA and ANMC but when you lodge the visa app (ours was 175 not 176 so perhaps different) you get an automated email that tells you what documents to attach, one of the things was

' satisfactory skills assessment for your nominated occupation. Please include all evidence of work experience you used to obtain this assessment.'

That's why (aswell as ANMC verification letter and NBSA reg cert) I attached the transcript, not sure what you would do if you only ever used the NMC verification for skills assessment. Maybe just leave it out and if there's a problem, your case officer would ask for it to be sent??

The forms were also metioned in the automated email of documents required, it says...

'- form 80 - Personal Particulars for Character Assessment;

- form 1221 - Additional Personal Particulars Information;

I hadnt heard of them til I read the email. You just download & print them from the immi website.

Hope that helps - and hope Im doing right! They haven't asked me separately for references etc I just thought it cant hurt to attach them, I classed them as 'evidence of work experience' so they can see his current place of employment.

The email also though did not ask for CV so thats why I was going to leave the CV out - I dont see how a CV can make any difference to the visa since all work / skills etc have been accounted for with other bits and bobs.

Questions, questions!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to know what you're meant to do!! Alll advice is very welcome :notworthy:

Hi, i hope i can help in some way. When scanning your docs in (dependant on software and type of scanner) rather than scanning as a jpg, hopefully you should be able to scan as a word doc or as a pdf, you might have to play around with the setting etc. Hopefully if you can scan as a word/pdf doc then there should be a setting that will ask if there are anymore docs to be scanned, this will enable you to send all docs at once. I made a similar mistake where i was scanning as a photo and was unable to send as my ISP would not allow me to send such a large file.

We used a lexmark scanner and took a bit of playing around with until i managed to work it out.

What scanner do you have?

Thanks for that!

Its an epson scanner - Im not sure if it will scan in anything other than jpg's - will check the settings when I scan the forms (when I eventually fill them in - am so tired at the mo after scanning and attaching til 2am this morning! then no sleep coz baby is teething :arghh:

ANYWAY... otherwise I'll just have to convert to pdfs page by page and label them pg 1, 2 etc!

Better start form filling :(

Guest Carolandcraig

Ok so ive just done a quck google search with "scanning docs as a pdf with epsom scanner" and found this, obviously i dont the model number so it might be worth doing the same with the model number but it looks promising, have a look at the link and then try the same with your model number. again hope this helps,

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/ex10kg/ex10kgrf/howto_6.htm

scanning multiple docs (again dont no the model of your scanner but most will prob work similar) and came up with this

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/prv1ph/prv1phug/projs_5.htm

Hope this helps in some way

regards

craig

Ok so ive just done a quck google search with "scanning docs as a pdf with epsom scanner" and found this, obviously i dont the model number so it might be worth doing the same with the model number but it looks promising, have a look at the link and then try the same with your model number. again hope this helps,

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/ex10kg/ex10kgrf/howto_6.htm

scanning multiple docs (again dont no the model of your scanner but most will prob work similar) and came up with this

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/prv1ph/prv1phug/projs_5.htm

Hope this helps in some way

regards

craig

A ha!!! That is brilliant! Wish I'd found that pdf settings page when I 1st started, about 30 documents ago - lol!!! Thank you.

HELP!!! Have not received any email, automated or otherwise from DIAC and submitted visa app 175 online 6/11/09. No mention of either of these forms on the doc checklist for visa either, do you have to do them later????????????????????

Hi

All I can tell you is that I got an automated email on the day after the visa application was lodged. The email is basically an acknowledgement of the app and gives a list of documents to attach if you havent already done so, and the link on which to attach them. This is the only list where I had heard of the forms, didn;t know what they were before.

Maybe worth an email / phone call to them if you havent heard anything from them at all - just to be on the safe side , Ive copied and pasted the end of the email for you with the phone no on...

CONTACTING GSM PROCESSING OFFICES

After reading the information at the beginning of this letter on Skilled Migration priority processing arrangements and expected timeframes for the processing of applications, should you have any enquiry relating to your GSM application please use the online enquiry form available on our website at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm.

In Australia you can call 1300 364 613 and from outside Australia by calling +61 1300 364 613 between 9 am and 4 pm Monday to Friday.

For general enquiries you can call 13 18 81 between 9 am and 4 pm Monday to Friday.

Hope that helps.

Hi

I actually rang Australia House today and spoke to a lovely man who answered all my queries and was able to reassure me that SA SS was also now attached to our application. He said not to be concerned as they usually only email if docs required etc..... so PANIC OVER, for this week anyway!!!! Thanks.