form 80, traffic offences question!!

Hazel M

Another question - they are coming thick and fast!!!

Its question 32 about any offences that went to court, including traffic offences.

Do you have to tick 'yes' if it was for a bog standard speeding fine?? It went to court but only coz hubby was trying to appeal it. End result was he just accepted the points and paid the fine (all as normal, apart from that it was done in court, not through the post).

thanks again!

But it did go to court - because of him initially wanting to appeal.

Maybe Im overcomplicating it all by thinking it through too much. The sp30 itself really doesnt involve court ordinarily coz people generally pay up and have the points via the post.

In our case... he did just pay (more than usual coz it was in court) and had the 3 points added but it was resolved IN court. So I guess Im now wondering if sp30s are included in what they describe as 'traffic offences' ? I suppose they must be. Hope it's not too detrimental.

Put yes - I had exactly the same thing (went to court for a speeding offence) and we still got the visa and police checks ok - nobody even asked about it other than the Migration Agent clarifiying it. As he said at the time, it's best to be up front about it rather than have them find out about it at a later stage and refusing your visa.

Phil

Guest kangomik

Tick yes, give them all the info, they shouldn't be too bothered as long as you explain the details. You have a clear mind by doing this. They are not looking for SP30's. but more serious stuff

Guest TINA.G

Does anyone know, if a drink driving offence, expired many years ago, when the OH was daft and stupid would affect an application, although its officially spent, this doesn't apply to visa applications I know.