online visa hassle

Guest Craigy

Guest Craigy

Been here 2 years, sent off PR forms, went back into computer to attach scanned docs. Gov web site says wrong password - which i know is definatly right.

Has anyone else come across this and the best way around it?

Been into currie street, won't talk to me, called on phone, can never get through!!!

Really not wanting to post multiple pages.

Anyone had similar bother

Craigy

Guest Craigy

have just had another look at the form it definatly asks for a password, not passport. As I couldn't use my normal password (no numbers and has a space - both not allowed), I wrote the new one down.

as a point of interest, while i was completing the form, i saved it (gave a password), checked it would let me access again. No problem. Tried to continue 2 days later, was told wrong password - 1.5 hours of wasted time. THE SYSTEM IS NOT 100%.

Also called into the office (lost time from work) only to be told, 'we don't answer visa questions', point blank refused. Told me to use website (needed to ask a couple of questions - computer, is unable to converse with me!!) or phone them - that'll be on the number that cuts you off every time after 7 minutes. But then i was informed by said piece of cardboard at the office, that they are very busy (you don't say) and only answer 30% of calls. Very helpful!!

All this still leaves me unable to do as they ask!!!!

have just had another look at the form it definatly asks for a password, not passport. As I couldn't use my normal password (no numbers and has a space - both not allowed), I wrote the new one down.

as a point of interest, while i was completing the form, i saved it (gave a password), checked it would let me access again. No problem. Tried to continue 2 days later, was told wrong password - 1.5 hours of wasted time. THE SYSTEM IS NOT 100%.

Also called into the office (lost time from work) only to be told, 'we don't answer visa questions', point blank refused. Told me to use website (needed to ask a couple of questions - computer, is unable to converse with me!!) or phone them - that'll be on the number that cuts you off every time after 7 minutes. But then i was informed by said piece of cardboard at the office, that they are very busy (you don't say) and only answer 30% of calls. Very helpful!!

All this still leaves me unable to do as they ask!!!!

As Karen suggests, email the documents:

"If you lodged a paper application or you are unable to attach documents to the application online through the eVisa system they can be emailed to the department.

For online applications for a GSM subclass 885, 886, 887, 487 or 485 visa, contact the department using the following email address.

Email: brisbane.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

For all other GSM visa applications, contact the department using the following email address.

Email: adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au"

Jim